Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Managing Production
whats the best way to do this without clicking through every branch and factory every time i have a turn just to make sure demand hasnt dropped buy 200 units and i'm stuck with loads in a few turns
Until I implement Country/District grouping in 1.19, it's a little bit of a pain in the butt. Typically how I manage big companies is to use the sales book and the mega menu. In the sales book you can see the global sales of a vehicle, production, and inventories. With that info I will go into the mega menu and look through my factories to see who is over producing.

There is also a helpful report that breaks down each vehicle's production. If you set that to end turn, every turn it will come up and you can see which factory is over producing which vehicle.

On the branch level, I typically use the auto tools and Assign All buttons. Rarely do I try to micro manage that.

In 1.19 we should be able to fix most of the issues with managing a large company with the above mentioned Country/District grouping feature. With that you'll be able to manage entire factories/branches as if they're one factory or branch. It should ease up some of the micromanaging. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
thanks for the quick reply i'll look forward to that in 1.19 sounds exellent

one report i find really useful is

sold production inventories by city

But it seems this only works properly if you have a branch in the same city as your factory if you dont the model names are not visable, know bug?

what does the Assign All buttons do?

thanks for the quick reply
(02-17-2015, 02:36 PM)Sparkyplug Wrote: one report i find really useful is
sold production inventories by city

But it seems this only works properly if you have a branch in the same city as your factory if you dont the model names are not visable, know bug?
Yes It's a known bug, there is a few places in the sales book that does this because I grab cities from branches instead of factories and branches. Next time I get around to fixing up the salesbook/reports I'll hopefully fix this.

Quote:what does the Assign All buttons do?

Exactly what it says, it "Assigns to All" so lets say you set a car model for $1000, and hit assign all. Then all your branches in the world would be selling that car model for $1000.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Is add trim and next year model working as they should

it would be nice to be able to have the same car with 1 or more engines but currently to do that its the same cost as redesgining the whole car
(02-18-2015, 10:02 AM)Sparkyplug Wrote: Is add trim and next year model working as they should

it would be nice to be able to have the same car with 1 or more engines but currently to do that its the same cost as redesgining the whole car

They're working as designed.

They are being redesigned in 1.18 however.