Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Suggestions
I really love the game, I played the demo and couldn't stand playing just the first 30 years, I needed more! I purchased the game at full price a few days before it went on sale like a moron, cuz I'm me and special.

Anyways, I've played through till about 2008 now. And just as a test I wanted to go to 2020 so I just skipped turns and found that I didn't unlock anymore technology. So I had a few suggestions.

Even if there is no further tech unlocks, please let the game continue indefinately!!! Like the one more turn type thing in a civ game. Please make this happen if you can!!

For chassis, a carbon fiber tub, or the ability to choose what material the chassis is made of, which would then influence overall weight of the chassis, as well as cost.

For engines, I've never been big on electric power but I hear its coming so looking forward to that. Also the ability to choose what the engine is made of as well, or at least partially influence it. As an example, some of the pieces of a Koenigsegg V8 are made from carbon fiber.

For gearboxes, more clarification on what things like transaxle, overdrive, and limited slip are, and what they do would be appreciated. I was stuck not knowing what they did, and having a transaxle always seem to increase cost and weight but decrease the gearbox rating.

More gearbox options. Either like a Semi Auto option, or when you choose automatic, clarify what type, with options like just a regular auto, ISR (independent shifting rods, like the Aventador), or Duel Clutch gearboxes.

Also an option to choose the primary construction material to influence weight, strength, and other stats would be awesome.

On top of that , being able to combine all that stuff when actually putting it all together to make a vehicle, and further customize what the vehicle is made of, like the panels etc, and the interior parts blah blah, to further customize the weight and strength and quality of the vehicle would be wonderful.

Iron, Steel, Aluminum, Magnesium, Carbon Fiber, Carbotanium, Nanotube like material biggrin. Who knows, I'm just nerding out hardcore on all of these things. Love the game man.

Anyways, if you could implement some of these things that would be amazing, I'm not sure how much work it would take, but I think if you could add these things into the game, it would add a whole lot more complexity and depth than there already is.

Also, as a minor fix I noticed the Aero on the some of the cars is kinda wack. I had a body that looking like a Lamborghini Diablo or something, and it was only hitting 155mph with 525hp. I think supercar bodied car should have the highest topspeed right? There was a computer made sedan with like 380hp that hit 317 kph while I was 525hp with 255, confused me a bit.
(02-13-2015, 03:13 PM)SecretlyaFish Wrote: I really love the game, I played the demo and couldn't stand playing just the first 30 years, I needed more! I purchased the game at full price a few days before it went on sale like a moron, cuz I'm me and special.

I'm glad you enjoy it. If it makes you feel any better, you bought me dinner instead of missing the sale price. Smile

Quote:Anyways, I've played through till about 2008 now. And just as a test I wanted to go to 2020 so I just skipped turns and found that I didn't unlock anymore technology. So I had a few suggestions.

Even if there is no further tech unlocks, please let the game continue indefinately!!! Like the one more turn type thing in a civ game. Please make this happen if you can!!

There is some plans on increasing the game's time limit. Most likely after I implement random history (so I can have future events generated.) Infinite amount of time span would be impossible, but 2100-2200 will be more likely.

Quote:For chassis, a carbon fiber tub, or the ability to choose what material the chassis is made of, which would then influence overall weight of the chassis, as well as cost.
Choosing materials will probably not happen in the game, but additional chassis types may come when I increase the play time. Also be sure to check out the modding community after I get mod loading implemented. I'm sure someone will do it, because it's not that hard to add additional sub components to the game.

Quote:For engines, I've never been big on electric power but I hear its coming so looking forward to that. Also the ability to choose what the engine is made of as well, or at least partially influence it. As an example, some of the pieces of a Koenigsegg V8 are made from carbon fiber.
Again, we won't be implementing the ability to choose materials. This is what the "Material" sliders are for. The main reason is there were many different types of metals used inside of an engine. I believe it's better to implement them in the abstract rather than having yet another drop down with 20 or so different types of metals. Smile

Electric engines are implemented in 1.17.5, You'll have to manually opt-in to that on Steam, but it is there. Smile

Quote:For gearboxes, more clarification on what things like transaxle, overdrive, and limited slip are, and what they do would be appreciated. I was stuck not knowing what they did, and having a transaxle always seem to increase cost and weight but decrease the gearbox rating.

One of the major goals of 1.18 is giving much more useful information to the user while designing components and vehicles. It's actually what I start working on next week.

Quote:More gearbox options. Either like a Semi Auto option, or when you choose automatic, clarify what type, with options like just a regular auto, ISR (independent shifting rods, like the Aventador), or Duel Clutch gearboxes.
Most of those are implemented in 1.17.5 Smile

Quote:Also an option to choose the primary construction material to influence weight, strength, and other stats would be awesome.
Same answer as above, this is implemented as an abstraction using the material sliders.

Quote:Also, as a minor fix I noticed the Aero on the some of the cars is kinda wack. I had a body that looking like a Lamborghini Diablo or something, and it was only hitting 155mph with 525hp. I think supercar bodied car should have the highest topspeed right? There was a computer made sedan with like 380hp that hit 317 kph while I was 525hp with 255, confused me a bit.
This has also been fixed in 1.17.5, The issue was with aerodynamic drag coefficients.

Thanks for the feedback and comments, I'm glad you enjoy the game! Hopefully you'll enjoy some of the new features I'm planning even more! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski