Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sales
Hey there,

I purchased this game yesterday and so far I love it. I've designed several kinds and restarted the game several times, however no matter what I do I always have zero sales. I have 40 produced cars, I've even tried setting the price to around 40% of the unit price and still no sales. I've skipped several months and restarted the game and nothing. I've also tried several new games, I followed the tutorial both in game and the YouTube series and have gotten nowhere.
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, I'm not sure.

Linux Mint 17.1 64Bit

Thanks Smile

PS: I have a windows 7 machine here too I'll try it on that in a few hours and see what happens.

If you need any other information let me know!
Upload your save game on here and I can give you tips on how to improve your sales.
You can get to the save games by:
Right click the game in Steam.
Select Properties
Select the Local Files tab.
Then click the Browse Local Files button.
Open the GearCity folder, then open the save game folder.

You can either email them to me: admin@ventdev.com
or zip it and post it on here.

The main thing is, keep your price within 5x the per capita rate. So if you're playing in New York City in 1900, then that means selling the vehicle for under $2000. Also be sure to look at the Body Style demand report. Certain vehicle types only sell well in certain areas of the world. If you're trying to sell $5000 micro cars in 1900 to people in Ethiopia, you're going to go out of business fast.

(On a side note, we've been having keyboard/mouse problems on linux, how is it working for you?)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Hey Eric, thanks for the reply!

I've been at work all day so I haven't had the chance to upload the file yet, however I have had no issues at all with Controls on Linux, I tested it also on a Ubuntu installation on a laptop, not a problem there either.