Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.18 Progress
(02-14-2015, 01:41 AM)foreverska Wrote: My Linux version (Debian Sid running [testing] version of the game) is a bit goofy.

Non hardware mouse you see the hardware mouse plus a game pointer. Playable but the hardware mouse warping all about is a bit goofy.

Hardware mouse works perfectly. I like it better than in Windows where the game steals the cursor.

No keyboard. None.

Are you playing 1.17.5?

Or are you using 1.17?

You want to be using 1.17.5, which is in "None" branch for Linux users.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I guess I was using 1.17 since I was in testing branch. Switched over to none branch and keyboard and software mouse is fixed. Although I like the hardware mouse a lot better so I'll continue to use that. I'll play it some tonight in Linux (I had been playing in windows) and see if anything else is out of place.
-Boosted Fuel Ratings
-Fixed "Ratings" button overlap in Body Designer
-Tweaked length/widths effect on maximum bore/stroke for an engine.

Hotpatch pushed to Windows Testing build and the default Linux build.

Frankschtaldt if you want to look at the numbers again, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also put the results in a new thread if there is anything wrong. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Copy and past for continuity sake:
"Moving length/width still effects torque significantly Sad
Ooops, no it doesn't. It just screws with your bore and stroke numbers still Sad Sad Sad

Also, there's something weird going on with the volume calcs. The same bore and strokes keeps returning different displacements with different length and witch slider locations.
WTF? How did I end up in here???? I was in the release update post I swear to god!"

Also, lengths and width are still effecting things they shouldn't. Specifically, RPM. If I build two engines with the same settings and the same bore and stroke but different size sliders, the bigger one revs much harder.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Copy and past for continuity sake:
Quote:"Moving length/width still effects torque significantly Sad
Ooops, no it doesn't. It just screws with your bore and stroke numbers still Sad Sad Sad

Read the announcements attached with the updates in steam.
It is a known issue.

Quote:Also, there's something weird going on with the volume calcs. The same bore and strokes keeps returning different displacements with different length and witch slider locations.
WTF? How did I end up in here???? I was in the release update post I swear to god!"
That small amount in the picture looks like rounding errors, you wanted decimal points, they're just not in the GUI yet.

Quote:Also, lengths and width are still effecting things they shouldn't. Specifically, RPM. If I build two engines with the same settings and the same bore and stroke but different size sliders, the bigger one revs much harder.

Noted, I'll see if I can fix it tonight.

The main problem is figuring out a way to still be able to do massive engines needed for things like tanks. 1.17 had values tied in specifically to engine width/length. So I have a little more work to do in this area.
Yet another hot fix to the Testing branch for Windows users and Default branch for Linux users.

No announcement on this one as it's mainly a fix to the bore/stroke, width/length sliders in the engine designer that I tried to address in the last hotfix.

This one is a bit better, although there are still 1 or 2 flaws with it. Those will be resolved with direct bore/stroke input values.

Anyhoo, did some play testing with it, didn't notice anything wrong, if you find anything, lemme know!
Things are looking pretty good now. The size sliders don't seem to have any effect on anything other than the engines size, weight and it's cost.
There is some funky behaviour when you try to adjust the bore or stroke sliders after moving the size sliders but it's not a big problem.

Having two decimal places for bore and stroke is also pretty sweet. Thanks Smile

Now we just need a way to enter in the exact mm measurement we want for B&S.
Guessing that'll be part of the UI work you're doing next though.
(02-15-2015, 06:13 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Things are looking pretty good now. The size sliders don't seem to have any effect on anything other than the engines size, weight and it's cost.

It increases maximum/minimum bore/stroke. Thus allowing you to make massive engines for big contracts.
(02-15-2015, 08:12 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
(02-15-2015, 06:13 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Things are looking pretty good now. The size sliders don't seem to have any effect on anything other than the engines size, weight and it's cost.

It increases maximum/minimum bore/stroke. Thus allowing you to make massive engines for big contracts.

Yeah, that too. I have an idea for that, I don't think size sliders need to effect B&S at all and I think it'll be a lot neater if they don't. I'll post a suggestion thread when I get home.
(02-15-2015, 04:35 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(02-15-2015, 08:12 AM)Eric.B Wrote:

Yeah, that too. I have an idea for that, I don't think size sliders need to effect B&S at all and I think it'll be a lot neater if they don't. I'll post a suggestion thread when I get home.

I doubt any more concept changes are coming to the engine designer.
I don't see why width/length would not effect the maximum and minimum bore size. I mean the bigger the block the larger the cylinder bores can theoretically be.

In any event, if i remove that, then width/length will have no role in engine designer. On top of that, you will lose the ability to make larger displacement engines. Which means I would have to scrap all non-consumer vehicle contracts. Width/Length have to do something, and whatever they do they have to provide the ability to make more powerful engines. Increasing the possible bore and stroke amounts based on width/length of the engine makes both sense and fixes the problem.