Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.18 Progress
(02-13-2015, 06:25 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: then peter off again at high revs.

That depends on the turbo sizing. Many OEMs do it this way but if I stuck a GT35 on my 1600cc air cooled vw motor it would lag a LOT and still be pulling hard when the valves start to float.

Same turbo on my 2.5L might behave closer to what you describe. Definitely so with a head spacer and Ti valvetrain.

Point is, without knowing the turbine size it's really a crapshoot as to how it will ultimately perform.
Most likely it's the DOHC that is over powered, try using something like I-head
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(02-13-2015, 08:26 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Most likely it's the DOHC that is over powered, try using something like I-head

It's still pretty bonkers!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yea, something is defiantly wrong there. You're in 2010 year?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(02-13-2015, 09:13 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Yea, something is defiantly wrong there. You're in 2010 year?

I've been zooming through designing a new engine every couple of years (not actually selling anything, just started with max $$$ so I could focus on engines).

I think your problem is two fold:
1) Power level increase exponentially, they should probably be more linear with the developments of new tech giving you the power hikes you need to look like what happened historically.
2) You're letting torque get way too high. The average modern NA car produces between 90-110Nm/L, the highest specific torq from an NA engine that I know of is the E46 M3 that puts out 112.5Nm/L and some REALLY bad engines might make 80-85Nm/L. You've got so many variables effecting that number it is just resulting in too broad a range of potential results.

There's a few other factors effecting it but the above two are the big ones.
Actually the problem seems to be length and width sliders effecting torque...
Part of the problem anyway...
Working on a hotfix for 1.17.5,
Here is what I've done so far

-Having too low of a top speed now effect sales.
-Advance/Assisted menu will automatically close when top buttons are selected.
-Minor weight adjustments to vehicles
-Fixed length/width sliders effect on engine torque
-Reduced late game year torque amount.
-Reduced bore/stroke effect on torque slightly.
-Reduced RPMs slightly.
-Adjusted SOHC and DOHC.

I'm going to fiddle with one or two more things before I build the hotfix and send it out to you guys.
I have another quick question.
You've said no floating numbers for bore and stroke values but they are definitely in 17.5 (was looking at other marques cars and seeing xx.x mm bores and strokes all over the place).
When you refer to doing away with the volume slider and only entering in bore/stroke. Are we actually going to be entering in the bore and stroke we want or will it be a number between 0 and 100 still?

Also, hot fix sounds good!
(02-13-2015, 11:55 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: I have another quick question.
You've said no floating numbers for bore and stroke values but they are definitely in 17.5 (was looking at other marques cars and seeing xx.x mm bores and strokes all over the place).
When you refer to doing away with the volume slider and only entering in bore/stroke. Are we actually going to be entering in the bore and stroke we want or will it be a number between 0 and 100 still?

Also, hot fix sounds good!

You'll have to wait and see.

Hot patch isn't looking good for tonight, seems like the length/width issue is deeper than I thought.
My Linux version (Debian Sid running [testing] version of the game) is a bit goofy.

Non hardware mouse you see the hardware mouse plus a game pointer. Playable but the hardware mouse warping all about is a bit goofy.

Hardware mouse works perfectly. I like it better than in Windows where the game steals the cursor.

No keyboard. None.