Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military and Civilian Contracting suggestions!
Tell me what you think about it, and what I should do to improve it here!

Thanks! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Without having done much testing yet:

1. Add some way to limit the sillyness (as mentioned on the Steam forums) Wink
This also goes for contract types, not just the issuer. For example, no contracts for tank engines should be issued in the very early years (up to 1914) as the MBT had not been invented yet.

2. Preferably export the individual contract types that are not tied to player-built vehicles (like Main Battle Tanks) to the components.xml for tinkering purposes. That would make it easy to add other stuff, like small engines for halftrack vehicles or whatever (I was a bit disappointed that this was not the case, I had collected so many ideas already Wink )
Even better: make it possible to change overall contracting parameters (like what engines types should be associated with which type of project, if not all).

3. Add a mechanic for "repeat customers". Happens all the time with real-world contracting (Ford and US police forces for example).

4. Many early game contracts for engine design are quite impossible. For example, in my first game the RAF just fancied a 400HP Single-Cylinder engine in 1901 (again, pay special attention to the date here Wink )

5. Add a way to see if an AI company was granted a contract for flavor reasons (maybe a report?).

I'm sure I'll find more tomorrow. Cool addition though, in any case.
(10-31-2014, 04:08 PM)freeman2344 Wrote: Without having done much testing yet:

1. Add some way to limit the sillyness (as mentioned on the Steam forums) Wink
This also goes for contract types, not just the issuer. For example, no contracts for tank engines should be issued in the very early years (up to 1914) as the MBT had not been invented yet.

2. Preferably export the individual contract types that are not tied to player-built vehicles (like Main Battle Tanks) to the components.xml for tinkering purposes. That would make it easy to add other stuff, like small engines for halftrack vehicles or whatever (I was a bit disappointed that this was not the case, I had collected so many ideas already Wink )
Even better: make it possible to change overall contracting parameters (like what engines types should be associated with which type of project, if not all).

I'm sure I'll find more tomorrow. Cool addition though, in any case.

1) Yea I was thinking this when I made it, forgot to put a year limit on it.

2) I'm hoping these things become player-built vehicles. That's the point of the mil flags in the components.xml files now Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
The wording of the contracts is a little unclear.
In that they state that someone is looking for 120 new vans and that the contracts runs for 24 months but it's not clear if they want 120 vans per month or is they want 120 vans over 24 months.
I would suggest that it should tell the play the number of vehicles per month if it isn't already but it should also be clear that it is asking for a monthly value.

Is it possible to add an option to have the contract window automatically pop up with two options:
1) Whenever any new contract becomes available
2) Only when a contract becomes available that the player already has a vehicle/component that is suitable.
Just a quick one.
contractor asked for truck with 625 cargo.
impossible in 1904 , believe me I've tried! Lol
(11-04-2014, 06:24 AM)shadow Wrote: Just a quick one.
contractor asked for truck with 625 cargo.
impossible in 1904 , believe me I've tried! Lol

Did you remember to enlarge the trunk during the graphical design part of the vehicle? I might remember completely bollocks here, but I think I've made batter cargo capacity than that already in 1900. Or is it locked to a very specific body?
The comparison should be in liters. 1900 truck at default should be like 7200 liters. So it's do able, check the other stats to see if anything else could be wrong, or upload the save game on here and i'll take a look for you. Smile
Wasn't looking at litres , lol lol.
also is the length And width in feet or metres. ?
(11-04-2014, 11:51 AM)shadow Wrote: Wasn't looking at litres , lol lol.
also is the length And width in feet or metres. ?

For engines? Should be inches.

Doing the whole Metric(SAE) will be done in 1.16.4, I should of done it for 1.16.2 but time was running tight.
I do everything in feet and inches.
just these days everything seems to be in metric.
thanks for clearing it up.
Just to mention that the game is getting better and more in depth with every release.
Thank you !

I know we get to build engines for military vehicles , but wouldn't it be great to be able to build them from scratch? Like vauxhall and leyland used too in the uk?
just a thought , wondering what everyone else thinks ?