Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Looking forward to it
Cool.
Been waiting for decent airline manager game.
had airline tycoon few yearsbback , but was to cartoony!
Please make it more life like
(06-18-2014, 07:50 PM)shadow Wrote: Cool.
Been waiting for decent airline manager game.
had airline tycoon few yearsbback , but was to cartoony!
Please make it more life like

I plan to hold it to nearly the same standards as GearCity, although I believe I will try to simplify the mechanics slightly (thus making the UI simpler)

The goal will be to find a gameplay balance between Airwaysim (Which is really good, I recommend it) and Aerobiz (Also really good, I recommend it!) but still retain insane amounts internal data crunching that GearCity has.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Sounds good to me.
Never played the other two games but will search for them. Thanks
I can not wait for this too.
A good game to reference would be http://theairlineproject.com/ They have a ton of potential, they are just having issues with optimizing and simplifying the code. (very processor heavy) Its is still my Fav and its free and anybody can contribute to it's making.
(03-27-2015, 09:28 PM)Technotron3 Wrote: A good game to reference would be http://theairlineproject.com/ They have a ton of potential, they are just having issues with optimizing and simplifying the code. (very processor heavy) Its is still my Fav and its free and anybody can contribute to it's making.

I have heard about this game. I have not gotten a chance to play it however.

When thinking up Aeromogul (at the same time as GearCity) such FOSS game did not exist. Or at least in any playable state at the time.

I believe all the other options in this arena will influence the decision on AM's implementation. I still believe there is no perfect (defined by what I want Wink ) game in Airline Simulation market.

I do however have 1-2 small game ideas that I may end up doing before AM. Firstly because the extra money will do very well for us. Secondly AM is going to be another long, grandiose project much like GC. Except this time I'll actually have money, an artist, and a fan base to give feedback in the early days of development.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Any news?
On? GearCity is still under active development. We won't be working on anything else on any serious level until GC is finished or nearly finished.
I played the two major online airline simulations (AirwaySim and AirlineSim) for many years, ranking #1 in many gameworlds in both games most of the time I was active, and I'm sad every day there is not a single "good" offline/singleplayer game with the topic that fits the livestyle of a money earning adult a bit more than the 24/7 online competitive games.

I was (and theoretically still am) involved in parts of feature development and testing of both games as well as creating most of the "cheat charts" that are around (and if you use the AirwaySim forum you might find the same nick for me there as in here, like in the FAQ thread there if it's still around...) but I miss some features that aren't properly implemented yet anywhere and therefor went inactive.

Not sure how far your feature finding about your new game has developed and as the new guy around I'm a bit shy about talking too much, anyway, I'm very interested in the future of this project as well as many of my (former) alliance mates (Elite, SkyConnect, -X-, speaking of AWS) who look for a non-casual airline/aircraft management game, too.
(01-08-2016, 03:57 PM)Curse Wrote: Not sure how far your feature finding about your new game has developed and as the new guy around I'm a bit shy about talking too much, anyway, I'm very interested in the future of this project as well as many of my (former) alliance mates (Elite, SkyConnect, -X-, speaking of AWS) who look for a non-casual airline/aircraft management game, too.

Aeromogul is still in pre-planning and will be that way until GearCity is completed. MrX_ua is pretty gun-ho about doing the artwork on it, and I've learned a lot making GC, so production should be faster and better quality than GC.

In any event, feel free to post any ideas you have on for the project. I can't guarantee they'll make it into the game or even if the game will be made. But I can guaranteed it'll be read and considered when the time comes.