Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Promising Game
I have watched both the v0.4 and v0.7 videos on YouTube, and I must say, this game looks very promising. I was sent here by a post on Automation Game's Facebook wall, and I think I may like this game just as much, if not more.

I just have a few questions to ask if you don't mind.
  1. What will the price of this game be?
  2. When will there be a beta or demo?
  3. When will the game be complete?
Thank you for your time, and good luck in your game's development cycle!
I also have been sent here from a link from Automation (Twitter), being a big "Detroit" fan and after watching the v0.7 video this game looks like a immediate purchase on release. I am very glad to see the management direction you're taking this game.

One request though probably in and I missed it in the video... is very detailed logging of car sales, shipping, finances etc, I did see some in the video but one of the things I bugged me in Detroit is after you got your sales and shipping details at the end of the month it never totalized the sales numbers of models month after month or even when the car went out of sale, or even total cars produced/sold in the companies total life time. These things I had to write down if I wanted record.

*Edit* Oh sorry and one more request, could you add Adelaide, Australia to the large list of cities in the final version, it is the capital of South Australia with more than a million people in population. If you have Darwin (a lot smaller in comparison) then Adelaide should get it's place.

Thanks
(01-02-2013, 06:19 AM)NexxusDrako Wrote: I have watched both the v0.4 and v0.7 videos on YouTube, and I must say, this game looks very promising. I was sent here by a post on Automation Game's Facebook wall, and I think I may like this game just as much, if not more.

Hello and welcome!
Both the 0.4 and 0.7 builds are fairly old at this point. We were planning on releasing a new video on the 7th along with news on our openbeta/demo. Much kudos to the Automation guys, they have a great game!

As for price, we're aiming for under $20 USD. I really don't like spending much money on games and I don't think you do either. The final price really depends on volume. Hopefully we'll be releasing in the $10 USD to $15 USD range. I can guarantee it won't be more than $20 USD.

Our open beta will be very soon, within 3 months in fact.

Completion is something that's hard to gauge. I can say right now my ticket list says we're 76% finished. About 85% programming and 60% artwork.

Thank you for the questions!
(01-02-2013, 11:09 AM)VIPERGTSR01 Wrote: I also have been sent here from a link from Automation (Twitter), being a big "Detroit" fan and after watching the v0.7 video this game looks like a immediate purchase on release. I am very glad to see the management direction you're taking this game.

One request though probably in and I missed it in the video... is very detailed logging of car sales, shipping, finances etc, I did see some in the video but one of the things I bugged me in Detroit is after you got your sales and shipping details at the end of the month it never totalized the sales numbers of models month after month or even when the car went out of sale, or even total cars produced/sold in the companies total life time. These things I had to write down if I wanted record.

*Edit* Oh sorry and one more request, could you add Adelaide, Australia to the large list of cities in the final version, it is the capital of South Australia with more than a million people in population. If you have Darwin (a lot smaller in comparison) then Adelaide should get it's place.

Thanks

LOL! I used to do the same thing playing Detroit as a kid. I do log all that information in the game. Internal testing said pretty much the same thing as you did so I will be looking into some way to display that data without overflowing the screen. biggrin

As for Adelaide,
During beta I will be putting up a request/suggestion form.
Please submit it there. It shouldn't be a problem adding them.

The game itself is fairly mod-able... If I do miss your favorite cities all you need is 3d studio max to add a dot and edit 5 or 6 xml data files.
(01-02-2013, 12:40 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(01-02-2013, 06:19 AM)NexxusDrako Wrote: I have watched both the v0.4 and v0.7 videos on YouTube, and I must say, this game looks very promising. I was sent here by a post on Automation Game's Facebook wall, and I think I may like this game just as much, if not more.

Hello and welcome!
Both the 0.4 and 0.7 builds are fairly old at this point. We were planning on releasing a new video on the 7th along with news on our openbeta/demo. Much kudos to the Automation guys, they have a great game!

As for price, we're aiming for under $20 USD. I really don't like spending much money on games and I don't think you do either. The final price really depends on volume. Hopefully we'll be releasing in the $10 USD to $15 USD range. I can guarantee it won't be more than $20 USD.

Our open beta will be very soon, within 3 months in fact.

Completion is something that's hard to gauge. I can say right now my ticket list says we're 76% finished. About 85% programming and 60% artwork.

Thank you for the questions!

1. Good to know it's so cheap, as the standard PC game, no matter who it's from, is usually $50+ here in Australia.
  2. That's not too long to wait, it's around my birthday time as well.
  3. Well, just over three quarters, which is good.

Keep up the good work, Eric. Smile
(01-02-2013, 12:46 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(01-02-2013, 11:09 AM)VIPERGTSR01 Wrote: I also have been sent here from a link from Automation (Twitter), being a big "Detroit" fan and after watching the v0.7 video this game looks like a immediate purchase on release. I am very glad to see the management direction you're taking this game.

Thanks

LOL! I used to do the same thing playing Detroit as a kid. I do log all that information in the game. Internal testing said pretty much the same thing as you did so I will be looking into some way to display that data without overflowing the screen. biggrin

As for Adelaide,
During beta I will be putting up a request/suggestion form.
Please submit it there. It shouldn't be a problem adding them.

The game itself is fairly mod-able... If I do miss your favorite cities all you need is 3d studio max to add a dot and edit 5 or 6 xml data files.

Great to hear

and yeah I will submit it during the beta.

Thanks for the reply
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
(04-27-2013, 04:13 AM)summeryang000 Wrote: The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell

I wonder if it's a spammer...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Looks like it, but a polite, almost non-disturbing one Smile
Well normally they stick their spammy links in the sigs, but sigs are disabled for people with low post counts.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski