Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.17 Progress
I've ported the new Mega Menu side panels to the world map.

-Distribution and Factory production Information side panels

I've got some cleaning to do to the Autotools. Then a bunch of tiny tickets, and then we'll be ready for another patch! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Finished cleaning up some bugs in the Autotools stuff. I have a few minor tickets to clean up and then I'll release this stuff as 1.16.5 (instead of 1.17) Since it has been 2 weeks and I still have the entire Action memo stuff to implement.

-Cleaned up bugs in Autotools
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Cleaned up a few minor bugs, I'm now doing an optimized compile. I'll try to get it all uploaded tonight and get an update out for you guys tomorrow.

-Refix Button wrap issue
-Fixed factory starting health
-Recompressed paint textures in dds format.
-Fixed Repeat Music Bug outside of the office.
-Decrease Transparent Texture (Allows for label scrolling)
-Added GearCity Version to Log Files
1.16.5 patch has been pushed live. You can find the details in the Steam Announcements.
Dumbass me made a math mistake, creating a hotpatch right now to fix 2 issues in the megamenu! Smile
Hot fixed pushed to fix two minor errors.

-Estimated total costs were wrong if you only had 1 model of vehicle.
-New less transparent labels blocked one of the buttons in the mega menu.
Spent most of the day creating tickets from our official forum suggestions. I'm currently at 190 tickets until we hit 1.22 (It'll probably increase as we get closer to it.) Once I'm finished ticketing I'll update the roadmap and get back to fixing up/cleaning/adding more tutorials when I'm on my Linux machine.

This evening I converted all _int32 to __int64's thus removing some buffer overflow issues we had with numbers, specially you people who make billions per turn! Smile

Tomorrow morning I'll finish cleaning up a few more bugs here and there that recently popped up. Then I'll get to working on the action memo system!

-Fixed buffer overflows
Little update:
I'm continuing work on the Action memo system. Currently I've finished generation of action memos code, the action memo gui, and selecting an action code. I still have to make the action result code, and generation of follow up actions (Such as getting sued for covering up defects in your vehicles...)

I started with a recall Action Memo. But I can forsee quite a few possibilities with the system. Wink
I've finished the action memo results code. Your actions now have consequences! Dun Dun Dunnnn! Just need to make follow up actions, such as class-action lawsuits after you failed to cover up defective components on your vehicles. (Looking at you GM.) And then Action Memo system will be finished! It's just a matter of adding more events/actions! Smile

Also fixed a GUI memory leak in car designers. Special thanks to lastsplash for narrowing it down for me.

Tonight I'll knock out a few minor bugs such as the clone branch bug that has popped up recently. Then I'll switch back to secondary actions tonight/saturday so hopefully I can finish up the core Action Memo system by Sunday.

Sunday/Monday I'll finish up the Roadmap, also been looking at how other grand strategy games have set up their tutorial systems. Got a few thing I may try. Smile

-Fixed Memory Leak in Car Designers
Finished doing minor bug fixes for now, back to working on the Action Memo stuff.
-Clone Branch now can delete vehicles
-Implemented a hard frame limiter for video cards that can't handle vsync. Game should run between 30-35fps. (Yes I know 30 is hated, but ask your self, do slider slide prettier at 60 fps?)
-Fixed GearCity Monthly Memo Bug again (For good this time)
-Fixed Sofia wrong country bug.
-Added model years to 3 or 4 premade reports.