Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.17 Progress
Not a good start this morning,
First off I woke up late, came to find out I totally screwed up the Linux build.

It took me almost all day to fix a stupid mistake on my part. Hopefully it is resolved by now though.

I did manage to get to some other things. I'll probably have a hot patch out sometime in the next 24 hours to clean up a few bugs for you guys.
Here's what I did:

-Increased Cargo Modification results for vehicle types. (Thus increasing cargo values for vehicles)
-Fixed bug in contracted engine weight.
-Display vehicle types in magazine
-Fixed bug in reviews allowing for your car to be compared to your car
-Fixed bug in year end awards that always sent you South American Memo.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
-Fixed negative engine reliability bug.
-Fixed bug in tutorial allowing you to continue producing a vehicle without components being completed.

I'm in the process of uploading a hotfix. Expect it out in an hour.

I'll take the next day and a half to do some paperwork, clean up the forums some and generate some tickets for 1.18. Work on the redesigned MegaMenu will start Monday-ish.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Hotfix pushed up stream to you guys. Enjoy! Smile
As I said, I did some paperwork Sunday and Monday. Now that my trac is working 100% again, I decided to move all my tickets off of paper/text files onto it. This was the ticket system I was using before Open Beta...

Unlike these forums, our Steam forum was a complete mess, so I decided to start there. I read through every single post, posted on there. (And I read all post anyway, So this is the at least 2nd or 3rd read through.) And turned everything that I haven't done into a ticket. I also organized them some.

Over the week, when I'm not programming, I'll insert my tickets from my notebooks.

And I'll save VENT forums for next weekend. We shouldn't be as much of a headache as the Steam Forums. As you've guys kept it pretty well organized in here. Which is the entire reason I stopped using Trac in the first place.

Anyhoo you can view our road map here: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread...40#pid5940 I'll update it periodically.

I'll start working off the easy bugs in the 1.17 tomorrow when I wake up! Smile
Here is what I did this morning:

-Fixed Full Sized Van's Cargo ratings
-Reduced Fleet Contract's Cargo requirements by 20%
-Fixed scroll on Magazine Review's vehicle selection
-Fixed dramatic stock price increase bug.
-Reduced cash's effect on stock evaluation.
-Increased profit margin's effect on stock evaluation.

I'll take the next few hours off, may add some more stuff to trac tickets. Work on the Mega Menu redesign will start tonight! Smile
-Finished Factory MegaMenu system.

I'm currently about 30% finished with the Branch MegaMenu system.
If I don't make any changes to the Save Game files, I may release the new MegaMenu system as a hotfix before working on Action Memos which will require save game changes.
(Don't worry, 1.18 will be a ~slow~ release, so you will get to play your save games for a long long time.)
Took care of the revised Branch section of the Mega Menu. I still have marketing, auto tools, and info screens to do. Then I will port some of the code over to the world make to make it even more functional.

-Branch Mega Menu
Implemented the City info section of the Mega Menu, about halfway done with marketing.

-City Info Mega Menu
Mega Menu marketing is almost done. It's taking a little longer than I anticipated. Here is what I took care of this morning:

-All Forms of Marketing Selection in Mega Menu.
-All forms, Apply to All Mega Menu

This now means you can set your marketing percentage for all forms of marketing, in every city, for every vehicle, with 1 simple slide and button.

Next up is the Clone Marketing button. Where you can clone other city's marketing sliders. Then I'll port the new MegaMenu side bars to the world map. Tweak some of the Auto Command tools, and then I'll put out 1.16.4.2 before I start working on things that will change the savegame.
Finished the Clone Marketing function. You can now clone existing branch's marketing values just like you can clone a Branch from the Mega Menu.

-Cloned Marketing Mega Menu

I'll be porting the new MegaMenu code to the World Map now.