Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.17 Progress
Here's what I did today:
-RnD Contracts have been renamed to Licenses
-Fleet Contracts can now be viewed in RnD Department
-Fixed list selection crash on model comparison in the Magazine.

I'm going to take the remainder of the evening off and probably go to bed early. I'm not feeling well. I'll pick up tomorrow with implementing some sort of factory assignment for engine contracts. Not sure how yet, but I'll try to wrap my head around it before I go to bed.s
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(11-19-2014, 10:47 PM)Eric.B Wrote: I'm going to take the remainder of the evening off and probably go to bed early. I'm not feeling well. I'll pick up tomorrow with implementing some sort of factory assignment for engine contracts. Not sure how yet, but I'll try to wrap my head around it before I go to bed.s

Hope you feel better Sad
(11-20-2014, 07:26 PM)Rad Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 10:47 PM)Eric.B Wrote: I'm going to take the remainder of the evening off and probably go to bed early. I'm not feeling well. I'll pick up tomorrow with implementing some sort of factory assignment for engine contracts. Not sure how yet, but I'll try to wrap my head around it before I go to bed.s

Hope you feel better Sad

No worries. Smile Typical me! Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Hope you feel better today
I've added 60 different engine applications for vehicles, aircraft, and ships contracting to the components.xml file. Each application has different requirements and and years that they are active. For example: Container Ships will require significantly larger engines than Patrol Boats. Container Chips came around in the 1950s and will only be available in that time period. Heavy Bombers should have higher fuel requirements than Interceptor aircraft. Etc.

The modification to the game numbers still requires some tweaking. But the basic functionality is there and works! Smile

-60 Engine Applications for Contracting.
-Engine Application effects Contracting Requirements.
-Removed Layout from Contracted Engine Requirements.
-Fixed possible endless loop condition with AI designing GearBoxes.
-Added Human Resources Tutorial

I continue working on contract balancing and tutorials. Should have another new tutorial tomorrow.
We're looking at a Friday release for 1.16.4. Smile (Assuming I don't break anything.)
-Added Lobbying Tutorial
-Finished this round of balancing to the contracts (may have to do a little more work to the components.xml file)
-Increased mouse sensitivity (Should improve gameplay on laptops)

I'll send the next day or two fixing the hitboxes now that we don't have glow compositors on them by default.
-Replaced all the hitboxes with properly fitting hit boxes (don't you wish FPS's would do that! Extra thanks to Serhiy for producing them quickly for me.)
-Fixed a number of minor sqlite exceptions.

Tomorrow I will tackle some minor bugs, do an optimized build, and run through a run through or two. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone (even if you have no idea what that is! ~,^ )
-Fixed window open highlighting bug in Office
-Fixed Class Challenge using wrong vehicles.
-Fixed Class Challenge disappearing vehicles in results.
-Class Challenge columns automatically adjust height
-Replaced all acceleration 0's with "Too Slow" or "Not Applicable"
-All player vehicles in distribution now display in reviews"

I'll start play throughs, and hopefully get an optimized built ready tonight.
1.16.4 has been released. I'll work on some magazine issues tomorrow then maybe start on the redesign of the Mega Menu! Smile

Also some point in time this weekend, I need to start purging things I've fixed/added. I'm getting very lazy at my forum maintenance.