Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.17 Progress
Both
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Last couple of days I worked on the new vehicle review system!
The new system uses our new formating string system which allows for much verbose and grammatically correct reviews. These reviews are also now translatable and moddable. So you get an itch for writing, go ahead and add some!

The new system is also relative to your competition. In the previous system, even the best vehicles would be listed as crap. This is no longer the case.

With that I've finished 2 out of 11 tasks for the magazine. Although this was the hardest, the rest should be generally easy to take care of.

-New vehicle translation system
-Integrated reviews into localization file
-New vehicle review magazine gui.

I now start work on the Class Challenge editorial in the magazine. We take a random vehicle type in a random country, and see how they do against each other.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(11-05-2014, 11:33 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Last couple of days I worked on the new vehicle review system!
The new system uses our new formating string system which allows for much verbose and grammatically correct reviews. These reviews are also now translatable and moddable. So you get an itch for writing, go ahead and add some!

The new system is also relative to your competition. In the previous system, even the best vehicles would be listed as crap. This is no longer the case.

With that I've finished 2 out of 11 tasks for the magazine. Although this was the hardest, the rest should be generally easy to take care of.

-New vehicle translation system
-Integrated reviews into localization file
-New vehicle review magazine gui.

I now start work on the Class Challenge editorial in the magazine. We take a random vehicle type in a random country, and see how they do against each other.
One idea is a top car list, showing the best cars by rating per class on page.
(11-06-2014, 03:36 PM)Rad Wrote: One idea is a top car list, showing the best cars by rating per class on page.
Things like this already exist in the reports, that being said we've added some similar stuff to the magazine as well! Smile
Yesterday I finished the "Class Challenge" article in the magazine. The class challenge pits all the vehicle of a type in a random country against each other. Reviews the vehicles and then renders a verdict for the best in class in that country.

Last night and this morning I started working on the Model Comparison in the magazine. We've added much more information and it's much better formatted now.

Also fixed the WW2 Germany bug again. I must of overwrote the turn files with an older copy...

Things are taking a little longer than I would like. But it looks much much better. Currently I'm about 4.5/11 finished with the magazine.
(11-07-2014, 03:38 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Yesterday I finished the "Class Challenge" article in the magazine. The class challenge pits all the vehicle of a type in a random country against each other. Reviews the vehicles and then renders a verdict for the best in class in that country.

Last night and this morning I started working on the Model Comparison in the magazine. We've added much more information and it's much better formatted now.

Also fixed the WW2 Germany bug again. I must of overwrote the turn files with an older copy...

Things are taking a little longer than I would like. But it looks much much better. Currently I'm about 4.5/11 finished with the magazine.

Sounds cool. Will wining the comparo's give you prestige boosts?
Same kind of question as above ,
will having best car in class give you prestige bonus ?
Currently no. It's mostly just informational fluff.

That being said, their is something that will increase prestige, but you'll have to wait until I get to it before I tell you ^,~ (that's called a teaser!)
Finished the new model comparison article. I'll start working on a marque catalog next. Should be able to get it done sometime tonight.

It'll mostly list all the cars made by all current manufacturers and give you their stats. like the show room. But without the models or the sales data.
-Finished Marque Catalog Tool

Will start on the redesign of the AI news after I'm finished running memtest a few billion times :\

We're 6/11 finished with the new magazine system! Smile