Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.16 Progress
I've:
~Finished working on the Racing Ratings
-Increased racing costs to more realistic levels. (No more $1million Algorithm 1 teams.)
~We're now up to 100 racing series, covering Open Wheel, Sprint, Off Road, Rally, and Rallycross. (We still have about 100-200 more series to add. Which I should be able to do by Monday night.)
~I've also started working on the view competition window in racing. So you can see what the AI is using. It's about 75% finished, I should be able to knock it out tomorrow night or Monday night at the latest.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I really like the idea of seeing what the AI is using, great job there. However, not sure how I feel about 200-300 racing series. Does this really add to the gameplay? Most of them will be very similar from a player perspective. Don't get me wrong here, more is always better and I applaud your diligence, but I don't really see the point? Surely, having to scroll through hundreds of series to find the one you want is not ideal? This is also something that can be modded very easily (I suspect that many people will also be changing the names to something more "realistic" in their own games, I know I do).
(09-21-2014, 03:38 AM)freeman2344 Wrote: I really like the idea of seeing what the AI is using, great job there. However, not sure how I feel about 200-300 racing series. Does this really add to the gameplay? Most of them will be very similar from a player perspective. Don't get me wrong here, more is always better and I applaud your diligence, but I don't really see the point? Surely, having to scroll through hundreds of series to find the one you want is not ideal? This is also something that can be modded very easily (I suspect that many people will also be changing the names to something more "realistic" in their own games, I know I do).

You never have all 200 at once. Many series are regional, and very few last long.
The point is the same reason we have 300AI (and will eventually have 600ish AI): Because it exists.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Don't forget that race series come and go. 300 race series in the game likely means "only" around 100 max at any given time.
Having said that, you have a point. Though, with the three different race styles, different body restrictions and engine restrictions. The only way you could cut that down significantly would be to dumb it down too much.
My proposal would be to change the way races are listed. Instead of one big dropdown, have a filterable list with a series of dropdowns for style (car, engine only, money only), displacement limit, body style etc.
I agree, a filter option would be great if that would be feasible to implement.
-Finished View Racing Competition
-Fixed Panama Independence news paper crash.
-Fixed weight issue in late game years with high safety.
-Fixed Research Team fundings display bug.
Getting closer to finishing 1.16,
-Fixed vehicle length bug
-Adjusted auto-production shipping distance
-Possibly fixed incorrect starting funds bug.
-Filter vehicles by Type and Base Model on World Map Branch Distribution
Today I Did:
-Filter Vehicles on World Map Production window.
-Factories monthly costs are now based on used production lines.
-Added 13 new Vehicle Models.
-Added 136 additional racing series, bringing us to 186 series.

Tomorrow I'll play test the racing series, work out any bugs in that. Add some new music, and then go through two or three additional things I want to look at before I do my 1.16 play test.
It looks as though it's not possible to enter multiple marques in a single race? Is that still the case or have I missed something?

Looking pretty good so far!
(09-25-2014, 03:33 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: It looks as though it's not possible to enter multiple marques in a single race? Is that still the case or have I missed something?

Looking pretty good so far!

As of right now, no. I might be able to work it in at another date. Although logistically it's a pain in the butt. Tongue