Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.16 Progress
(09-22-2014, 10:43 PM)Eric.B Wrote: -Fixed weight issue in late game years with high safety.

Any ETA on the patch? 6t hatchbacks are a bit of an annoyance :p
(09-25-2014, 09:15 PM)freeman2344 Wrote:
(09-22-2014, 10:43 PM)Eric.B Wrote: -Fixed weight issue in late game years with high safety.

Any ETA on the patch? 6t hatchbacks are a bit of an annoyance :p

Late Friday night or Saturday, my time.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
So I fixed a bunch of minor bugs in the racing system. Didn't make a list of them all, but here is what I can remember:
-Fixed engine sized limits.
-Fixed bug allowing you to start a series without selecting components if you started a different series before.
-Fixed header duplication for selected engines if you have no engines.
-Added Team Ratings under the Adjust Team button. Higher the numbers the better your team is. These are just estimations as random factors and team xp also come into play.
-Fixed view championship years bug.
-Sorted Racing series alphabetically. (I'll add a filter eventually.)
-Added season has not started/no champions yet reminders to view current results and champions respectively.
-Added new Racing Series Memo, Folded Series memo, and You won the championship memo!
-Added 5 additional songs. We've got 4 live rock instrumentals from Bitquake and a new Intro song by Kristin Burdal. Expect some more music from various artist over the next few months!

I think I did more, but I frankly can't remember... :\

Anyhoo before I go to bed I'll do an optimized build, I'll upload it to steam when I wake, and get the play test out of the way. Hopefully we'll be able to get 1.16 for windows out by noon (-5 GMT). If I don't sleep in... Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
1.16 was released on Steam. I'll upload the Open Beta files tonight and release the news/update the sites tomorrow.
Installed the newest update this morning via Steam. I fully expected my previously saved games to be useless, and display the "This Save is From a Previous Version" box. What I didn't expect is the same error message for games started in the new edition, which cannot be loaded once exited. Not sure if this is just a problem on my end, but it's fairly untenable either way.
(09-27-2014, 11:35 AM)MrColin Wrote: Installed the newest update this morning via Steam. I fully expected my previously saved games to be useless, and display the "This Save is From a Previous Version" box. What I didn't expect is the same error message for games started in the new edition, which cannot be loaded once exited. Not sure if this is just a problem on my end, but it's fairly untenable either way.

Yes, I caught this right after I pushed the patch, It has been fixed with the latest update. I made note of it at the bottom of the announcements on the Steam Announcement for 1.16...

You may have to restart Steam for it to download the update.
Update was made to the pages, OB 1.16 was release for windows.
Sometime this week I'll upload the Linux port. Make the Moddb mirrors, and we'll be good to go.

Unsticking the thread and moving all progress to the 1.17 thread!

Enjoy