Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]1.14.9 factory retool bug
When you start a new game in 1900 you get a factory with 5 production lines. In previous games retooling has only ever improved on this over time but in 1.14.9 when you retool your starting factory it drops down to only 2 production lines.
Could this be because of where you originally made it?

that is: game gives you a factory of 5 lines regardless of where you start, but if you start in Mogadishu or something, the manufacturing capacity isn't there and hence drops it back to 2 lines when you retool?
Watch me play Gear City!

Root Negative Gaming on YouTube
No, I dropped the base amount of "Free" lines inorder to increase cost per unit of lower quality factories. Underthought out change to fix another issue that frank brought up.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Im having the same problem.. Had 2 games i had to abanddon because of it and now i dont really want to play anymore before its fixed.. Because thats just waste of time.. Should not be a problem to retool in New York og London where i have started up so there must be somekind of bug. Also when i could not retool i tried to expand factory but then the factory just didnt produce any Vehicles at all..

Hope for answer soon..
As stated in the progress thread, today is totally dedicated to the factory bugs and the patch is tomorrow.

I'm super sorry for the issues.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
So factory retooling does not increase production lines anymore. This was a design decision to force factory resizing. Thus causing a better money sink. It also fixes this bug. Smile Thus I'm marking this thread as fixed.
It still increases the production capacity of the hq factory though I get the feeling that's intended?
Retooling should increase the amount of units built per line, yes. It should not increase the amount of production lines however.
Got ya.