Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Weird factory production
I've been playing Gearcity as of today and after 3 retries i've got a profitable company starting. Still messing around and learning with the manual settings in the research department though Smile

I have 2 good models in production now, a pickup and a sedan, both in the top of most selling cars in North-America. But i need to upgrade the production to meet demand (every turn im selling all the cars i produce) so i ordered a factory upgrade. After seeing no upgrade for a couple turns i went to see the factory details and saw something very weird.
There seems to be 2 production lines (it says somewhere the factory has 12 lines, of which 10 are directed to the pickup and the sedan) dedicated to produce a car which i dont see in the production screen. I do remember discontinueing a vehicle in the research dep. (not sure how though) but as seen in the screenshots below, this vehicle has a random number and very high unit cost. (which i must add i dont see in the expendures screen...) even so my company doesnt seem to be harmed by those unit costs it seems that production is eating up 2 production lines (i think?)

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong ?

A savegame can be provided if any dev. wants.

[Image: 07E7778E7AB593545089CF9861399C611438404E]

[Image: 6BC6987021348D5379AF0BFB32800ECDB4DDFD0D]
Defiantly a bug, most likely database corruption of some sort. Are you playing the OpenBeta or the Steam Build?

Yes, please zip the save game files and upload them here. I will take a look and tell you for sure. If you have not opened the game since this occurred, the log file will be very helpful.

If possible, I should be able to repair the file and reupload it for you so you are bug free and it won't effect your save game.

Thanks, and sorry.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I do believe I have figured out what causes this bug and have fixed it. It'll be included in the 1.14.9 Steam patch and the OpenBeta 1.15 release.

Thanks again! (And I will still accept the save file if you have it, to verify this is what caused the issue.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Sorry for the late reply, glad you have (most likely) found the bug.
Yes it is the steam build i am playing.

I've been playing some time after posting here, but since the bug is still there i hope this savegame will be usefull to you.

I'll wait with continueing this paticular save to see if you can fix it (which would be awesome) Smile

For the time being i'll start another game to explore around in later starting era's :p

Attached Files
.7z   Factoryproductionbug.7z (Size: 446.23 KB / Downloads: 476)
Yup, looks like the same bug. In 1.14.8 make sure you have a vehicle selected before hitting "Assign" in any of the production screens.

Here is your save game fixed.

Attached Files
.zip   ken.zip (Size: 577.9 KB / Downloads: 491)
ty Smile