Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WONT]New Year Model replaces existing Year Model Automatically
I feel like the "new year model" should automatically replace the existing year model throughout the game.

Whenever a new vehicle is redesigned, you have to go through and set it all up again. It should do it automatically.

Maintain "New Trim" for a special edition or different version of the car. I think the "new year model" should be a natural upgrade of what you are doing.

The computer should maintain the same percentage difference between build cost and sell cost for the new vehicle as you had it set for the old.
Watch me play Gear City!

Root Negative Gaming on YouTube
This has been brought up before. The problem is, companies sell two models years of a car at the same time, all the time! GM has even produced two different designs of the same car for a few years in the past.

So sorry, but the New Year Model is going to stay as it is. Since it is a complete redesign of the previous model. Do not confuse it with a "new year" as in a sequential model, but a new car with the same name (thus the same image points.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I know that companies do it all the time. However for the purpose of the game and making game play more straight forward (less time doing labourious repetitive stuff that isn't necessarily playing the game)

What about "Model Update" then? Where you can replace the existing car if the player wants.
Watch me play Gear City!

Root Negative Gaming on YouTube
A specific functionality for making a new model of an existing car, ment to fully replace the former would be excellent for my playstyle at least Smile
This is what the "Replace Model" autotool is for.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski