Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Unable to continue the Game
Dear Developers

I have two bugs to highlight:

1. I have started several game plays but everytime i reach he year 1986/1987 i'm not able to continue to play. The game crashes all he time i press the "next turn clock botton". This is quite serious issue since i cannot continue to play.

2. Another bug i have encountered happens when i try to create a new MY or new trim for cars belonging from a company i tookover. When i try to modify them the game crashes.

Can you please help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance
1) I've ran into this bug my self, and I have a save game which I believe can fix it. If you can send me your log that will help. The name of the file logfile.log it is located in Steam Applications/GearCity/GearCity/

2) Have you updated to 1.14.8? As this issue should have been resolved in the latest version.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
1. In attached you should have the log File.... i hope.

2. I cannot confirm since in the new gameplays i have avoided to takeover other companies to prevent this issue. I hope i can confirm you when i will be able to continue the game

Thanks again for your help

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 42.28 KB / Downloads: 474)
1) Interesting, that's not the same issue I was having. If you could send me the save game, I will see if I can duplicate the crash and fix it. Save games are in the Save Game folder located in the same folder as the log. You will need to zip the file before uploading to here.

2) If you start a new game in 1.14.8 you should not have that crash.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your support, Here in attached you have the saved files in zip version.

Thanks

Attached Files
.7z   SaveGames.7z (Size: 1.38 MB / Downloads: 461)
Thank you. Hopefully I can get this patched up for the weekend! Smile
1) Has been fixed, or at least it was when I tried your saved game in the latest patch.

Let me know.

I'm going to take a look at 2 now.
I checked out 2) in the save files you sent and had zero crashes. If you could provide me with a save file or tell me how to duplicate the crash I can fix it.

That being said I believe this is one of the bugs I fixed in 1.14.7.

Anyway, Marking this thread as testing. Let me know if you can duplicate issue 2)
Thanks
Hi Eric,

Thanks for support, i will test the gameplay asap a i'll let you know. I don't see any attachement in your posts? WHere i can find the saved files?
It is the same save game file you sent me. Steam should update your client to 1.14.8.1 (check in the About on the main menu.) Just load the game from that and it should (hopefully) work! Smile