Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Suggestions
Hi everyone, I have been played for 17h so far and i identified some space for improvement in some area of the game.

1.Possibility to allocate more engines/more gearboxes to one vehicle. As far as i understood there is the possibility to create a new trim for the same vehicle with a different engines/gearbox. This is quite unconvenient since i would have an additional vehicle in the list of vehicles sold and to me it just creates cunfusion. I think it would be ideal to have the vehicle as a "box" in which you can put as much engines/gearbox as u want just to enhance sales. Personally i dont care wich combination engines/gearbox sells more, so for me no need to have the sales breakdown per engines/gearbox.

2. It happens that during a gameplay i produce the same car in different plats across the globe. So When there is a need to increase/decrease prouction there is no possibility to know what it will be the total production output for that model worldwide. The figure i could see it just refers to the specific plant i have selected. It would be ideal to have in bracket, after the local production figure, the total production figure of that car taking into account the other plant production.

3. Possibility to eliminate autosave. (i'm sure there might be somewhere but i couldn't find it)

4. Possibilty to skip the design part of the vehicle. Ok we know it is basic, and i do not complain with that since it is not the focus of the game. I find it so time consuming and it add no value to the success of the vehicle. There should be the possibility to define the different paramenter of the car body (overall lenght, width, cargo space, etc etc, and then the pc generate something that could fit. Personally there is no need for me to see the car. Something very similar to the engine/chassis/gearbox, where we don't see the final design, but we see all the paramenter. This i think it would be a big improvement for the game since Sometimes i don't engineer model because i have to draw them after!! Btw i thinks u should leave space for who loves to design their own vehicle.

i apologize n advance in case these kind of suggestion have already been mentioned.

thanks for considering
tete
On point 4 ,
i think most of us actually enjoy designing the car.
I know it has very little baring on the game , but to be able to see a car you designed
the exact way you want it to look is something we love.
just my point of view of course.
Sorry for the late reply. I took yesterday off from coding and major writing.

1) The idea is good, but then you run into problems as far as setting prices for each variation and production of each one. If I had a decent GUI system that could allow stackable multicolumn list boxes then it would be much more easier to implement. Being we have what we have, it's probably best to use what we got. I do however plan on making "trims" less expensive to make.

2) I could work in a "global" production amount into the list boxes that you use to assign production lines. The only issue with that is the numbers can be sort of misleading depending on your shipping distance. But anyway, I'll probably work this one in for you sometime.

3)There isn't an option yet, but eventually we'll have a check box. The main reason it's there is for crashes.

4)Once we have art almost completed, I'll call upon the community to design a bunch of premade cars for me to add to game. So that people who do not want to design cars will only need to pick a body from a list of premades.

That being said, the body of a car does effect its ratings and thus effects its sales. Just to give you a heads up! Smile

Glad you enjoy the game, hopefully it gets even better with more work from me! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
A redesign of 'Gearcity Monthly' would be REALLY appreciated...at the moment it is hard to read, difficult to select what you want to compare - i.e. could you add the option to select only like car types, by which I mean compare your Compact to someone else's Compact....atm you have to know which is which already.

Also, I think you could add a whole host more info to the magazine.....sales data in a more approachable and journalistic form etc, stuff your game already has but just needs a friendly face to.....

Other items you could add:

1. Previews - what's coming up down the road from your competitotrs, triggered by them 'developing' a new component or car - the game knows how long it will take, so there could be an initial 'first look' which could potentially be very inaccurate (wrong in some of many ways, from car type to prospective cust. type, price etc...) with the reports getting more accurate as the release date nears....this would be very useful and would add a great feel to the game...

2. A historical page - in this month 1yr ago, 3yrs ago, 10yrs ago, 25yrs ago, 50yrs ago etc....where you show the cars that were popular back then and the big news of the time...new cars, marques, bankrupt ones...etc....you could do a new one every 2-3 months, changing the timeframe focus on a rotating basis so it is always fresh....with some witty comparisons to the 'modern' offerings....like avergae mph of cars sold 50yrs ago compared to today...

3. An editorial style page - letters to the editor, events bubbling up around the world that may have an impact on the industry (or may, as it turns out, NOT). This could be interesting, funny and, for those somewhat historically challenged, useful as a potential predictor of doom/good times to come....could also show a little of which factors less world changing than say WWi and WWII that still had a pretty huge impact on the industry...and WHERE....

I'm sure that you have 100,001 things to do yet, and having seen and loved the game so far I am sure you will do far more things...just thought I'd chip in my 2c worth!!!
GearCity Monthly is getting a complete redesign after Racing.

Which would put it roughly between 1.16 and 1.17 builds So about 2-3 months or so from now.

There is another thread on the forums here with Magazine info request... It may be a good idea to merge your comments with that so It does not get lost when It comes around time for me to pick out ideas! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski