Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
train managment sim
Don't know if this is right place to post this thread.
While playing gearcity I had a thought.
it would be amazing to have a train sim along the same wavelength as gearcity.
what do you all think ?
I think Rail Road Tycoon does a pretty good job in that department.

After AeroMogul I'll probably get out of the tycoon field for a while. If I do, do a third tycoon style game, it will probably be on one of the four (in no order): "Race Team Management over various forms of racing", "American Football Manager (because there are no modern ones that I know of)", "Dairy Farm Manager, will probably be more tycoony, but with realistic economics and non-cartoony graphics", or a "Shipping simulator in the same vane as Aeromogul and GearCity."

But that's waaaaay to far out in time to plan. GC has at the very least another year of work to do on. Aeromogul will probably be 2-3 years. so yea. Lots of things can change between.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Cool.
shipping is a great idea.
also as a massive race fan , that would he amazing. No goid race managment sims around.
As I'm from uk don't knoe much about american soccer , but love
all managment sims , so I'd give it a go.
Grid Iron football, not soccer Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I see. biggrin
still be interesting though.
what about baseball managment? Love baseball ,
never seen management sim for it though.
Out of the park baseball is a staple of sports sims: http://store.steampowered.com/app/272670/
Thanks!
will download when get home
Thanks!
will download when get home
I must say I am looking forward to see what games you can make in the future. Yes, GearCity is not done yet, I know, but thus far things are looking very good. If you manage to utilize your experience and further develop the game engine bit by bit as time goes on, your games will only get better and better (I might have made that sound simpler than it is...)

I'm getting a kind of Jeff Vogel-vibe. He's perhaps the game developer I've been the most impressed by in the last 15 years.
(06-30-2014, 06:55 AM)Tridon Wrote: I must say I am looking forward to see what games you can make in the future. Yes, GearCity is not done yet, I know, but thus far things are looking very good. If you manage to utilize your experience and further develop the game engine bit by bit as time goes on, your games will only get better and better (I might have made that sound simpler than it is...)

I'm getting a kind of Jeff Vogel-vibe. He's perhaps the game developer I've been the most impressed by in the last 15 years.

The key is not getting burned out and being able to fund the next project with the current project's profits.

That being said, I wouldn't compare me to Jeff Vogel. I'm a terrible programmer and even worse designer. Wink