Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Racing might need tweaking
I'm not sure if currently the racing portion of the game has a huge RNG element to it or not but it seems a little broken.

I've attached screenshots showing my designs vs the competitions and how the AI won is way beyond me.

Perhaps my drivers were just unprepared for the massive amounts of power and just straight out crash into walls?

Hit the picture limit. Here's the rest.

Almost forgot to mention, the last one I'm designing just for the race right under the displacement limit. Not even going to build a single one for cars since it's so damn huge it wouldn't fit in any chassis I have. Should have named that one "Out of Spite 1.0" or something. If I don't win with that then I'd say racing is really borked.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The entire racing code is slated to be redesigned in about a month. It's the next major "feature fix" after decal system is completed.

Thanks for the pictures, this should help me with data gathering! A save file would be nice too if you could upload that for me.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Tried to upload my save.db to the forums but I got the error - "The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type."

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/3481895d
You have to zip the file first.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I uploaded it to a third party file host but noted.

Edit - the link was in my last post if you missed it.
I've done a bunch of work to the racing system. As the new system is completely different than the old one in terms of the inner workings, I'll be marking this thread as fixed.

So if there is any issues with the newer system, please let me know.

Fixed.