Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The random questions thread
(02-14-2015, 09:05 AM)Eric.B Wrote: ... Drag is important in quite a few things in the game. Smile
Do you mean for more the top speed, fuel economy and acceleration?

Thanks for the quick answers and I love this type of game as automotive engineer.
(02-14-2015, 09:36 AM)Myquandro Wrote:
(02-14-2015, 09:05 AM)Eric.B Wrote: ... Drag is important in quite a few things in the game. Smile
Do you mean for more the top speed, fuel economy and acceleration?

Thanks for the quick answers and I love this type of game as automotive engineer.

And braking.

Those all in turn effect the actual ratings you see with the stars. (Especially true if you're playing 1.17.5 or newer.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I am kind of unsure what the use of add or reduce frame does in the vehicle design area. All it appears to do is add or reduce the draught of the vehicle, much like the distance from the waterline to the bottom of the hull of a boat.
(04-14-2015, 10:33 AM)vulkus Wrote: I am kind of unsure what the use of add or reduce frame does in the vehicle design area. All it appears to do is add or reduce the draught of the vehicle, much like the distance from the waterline to the bottom of the hull of a boat.

Mostly it's for ascetics. The artist were given free rein over what kind of "morphs" they wanted to add to the game. In terms of stats. Increasing the depth of the frame would probably increase drag, thus slowing the vehicle down a very tiny amount. But of course, it probably looks better on some vehicles. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Thanks Eric, awesome game btw!
Hi,

I noticed a in-game hint saying that "sometimes it's better to have two smaller factories than one large" or something like that. The problem is that I have no clue at all as to what counts as a small or a large factory. In my current game I have a factory (in Birmingham) with 9 production lines. Is that small? Large? Goldilock zone? The year's 1918 if that matters.
(09-10-2015, 01:06 PM)rustic Wrote: Hi,

I noticed a in-game hint saying that "sometimes it's better to have two smaller factories than one large" or something like that. The problem is that I have no clue at all as to what counts as a small or a large factory. In my current game I have a factory (in Birmingham) with 9 production lines. Is that small? Large? Goldilock zone? The year's 1918 if that matters.

Depends on how much you can move the production capacity slider. 9 production lines isn't very much no matter the year. That being said that suggestion is probably a bit outdated. As factory costs are only factored in depending on how many production lines you are using. And the more factories you have the greater the administrative costs. On the pro side, transportation costs are typically cheaper.
If there is any doubt at all what the hint means and how valuable the hint currently is, I vote that the hint is removed for the time being Smile This is a very complex game with a somewhat steep learning curve, so one thing we players do not need is more doubt about how things work Tongue (I say "we" because I like to pretend I speak for others even though I clearly don't)
I have a question. How "modifying" or "modernizing" chasis/engine/gearbox in RnD Depo works?
The modernization is working or it is not in the current state? (im using normal GearCity withut any of the betas in steam)

I have and odd feel that currently it is not working but i want to assure myself and maby others
(11-07-2015, 05:33 PM)ResFu Wrote: I have a question. How "modifying" or "modernizing" chasis/engine/gearbox in RnD Depo works?
The modernization is working or it is not in the current state? (im using normal GearCity withut any of the betas in steam)

I have and odd feel that currently it is not working but i want to assure myself and maby others

It doesn't update the components already in designed vehicles.

Outside of that, it increases the stats of components based on how much you wish to modify it. Any future vehicles that use these components will use these new stats.

I may or may not allow retroactive changes to already designed vehicles based on component modification in the future. (Depends on the complexity of redoing the stats for said vehicles.)

Hopefully that answers your question. If not let me know!