Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scenario suggestion list
Scenarios have been mentioned a number of times here and there but I figured it was worth having a centralized location for a list of them.
To my mind, these scenarios should serve a few purposes. Firstly and most importantly they should have role playing value. They should modify the game play so using them adds to replayability. Lastly, they should give some sort of advantage whilst also giving a disadvantage. I don't think these necessarily need to be balanced. For a balanced game play a normal game.
I'll start things off with a few ideas.

Rich backers: Your company has received a cash injection from some very rich backers to help get it off the ground. You start with double the normal starting money. However, your company is already on the share market at start of play so you can't IPO for more cash.

Bank rolled: Your company is partly owned by a bank or some other large financial institution. The biggest benefit to this is you receive loans at a discounted interest rate. The downside is your company is already on the share market so you can't IPO for more cash.

(Component) expert: Your company is world renowned for making the best of a certain component type (either engine, gear box or chassis). You start play with a higher skill level for that component and gain a 10% bonus to any money spent on research for that component. Also, when contracting this component for sale, other companies will favor buying your components over others. However, your company is so obsessed with perfection for this component you need 10% more time to research and build them.

Picking up the pieces: You started your company by buying out another failing company. After selecting your HQ city, you may select a city to have a second free factory in and five other cities to have a free basic branches in. While you got this all cheap, it's wasn't free. You start with half the normal funds.
What I will probably do is make a little program that allows you to modify and create save games which will be used as scenarios.

With such a program the community as a whole can generate and trade and share different scenarios like the Rail Road Tycoons games used to.

So good ideas! This can be the place for you guys to bounce Ideas off each other. Since the official scenarios will probably not be extremely complex.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski