Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Top Speed
Hi,

first 30 seconds in...already found some bugs Smile.

Started the 1980 scenario...top speeds are...well, a bit off. One of the competitor's vehicles (Toyoda) manages an astonishing 861 kph from a 42hp engine! That's probably the only Toyota I'd like to own...it applies to other AI vehicles too, haven't tested my own ones yet. I'm guessing somethings off with the calculations (as usual). I'm sure Eric will figure it out.
Only the AI right? Player top speed is decent correct?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I can't say, haven't had the time to design my own car. I'll check as soon as I can.
Doesn't seem to apply to player-designed vehicles...but I'll have to make a few more to be sure. I'm guessing the late period still suffers from a number of bugs due to lack of testing (obviously). I'll see what else I can find.
The AI uses the same top speed code as the players, however the drag coefficients are different (since they don't design bodies) So I've tweaked the AI drag, hopefully this will prevent this problem!

Marking as testing.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Hi,

thanks for making this such a priority. I have done some testing and it has gotten a bit better, though there are still some exceptions (I am assuming the AI drag values are tied to vehicle types? Maybe you missed something). Maybe it would also be a good idea to somewhat adapt the formula to make it more difficult to attain high top speed numbers (especially during the earlier years as tire quality and the like would not have allowed for speeds in excess of say, 250km/h).