Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adjust length of turns
hi, (if my idea is already suggested, then disregard this post but i couldn't find it that quickly)

First of all i like the game very much. But sometimes it is just waiting for the turns to pass. I have started my game in 1900 and i am now in 1930, which takes some time and its is getting a bit less active now. I still want to play all the way to the 21th century, but it might take to much time and turns to reach that. I think it might be a improvement to be able to select how long a turn takes.

for example: now a turn is equal to 1 month. But if you could adjust it to 2 or 3 month the game would be a lot shorter and maybe a bit more active after a while.

ps: i have found out that if you have many cars (i have like 12 or more selling at i time) it isn't possible anymore to view all the cars in the reports. The cars last added for selling to the branches cannot be viewed.

pps: the market value of my company is strange. I have 400M in the bank. I make 60m each turn and bought a lot of shores worth 1B-2B but my market value is only 250M which just looks a bit odd to me. (i have 10% outstanding shares).
1) I plan on placing a drop down allowing you to skip up to 12 turns at a time.
In the mean time you can hit "End" key a few dozen times, that will skip a few turns for you.

2) This has been brought up before too, and is something I will fix in the next patch or two.

3)If you could upload the save game so I can take a look at your market cap, that would help. The save game is located in Steam Applications folder/ GearCity folder/ GearCity folder again/ SaveGames.

To upload to the forums, zip(compress) the save game and attach it to your reply! Let me know if you need any help with this.

Thanks again, and sorry for the late reply. I was putting together the next patch! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
as requested, here is my save game.

thanks for your reply btw :p (it was pretty fast actually)

Attached Files
.zip   Ivar.zip (Size: 6.02 MB / Downloads: 367)
It was pretty slow by my standards. Tongue

I'll take a look at the save in a couple of evenings.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski