Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More components.xml questions
Hi,

some more questions regarding the components.xml file.

1. How does the "age" setting for the car types work? All of these are currently set to "0", I'm assuming this will change later, but is this functionality already implemented? Will changing this to, say, "3" do anything yet? If so, how are the numbers defined?

2. Are "prival" and "secval" equally important or does "prival" have a bigger impact, as the name would suggest? Any possibility of getting a third rating? Might make sense for some vehicle types.

3. What's the limit for "wealth"? 7, 8? And what does that translate to exactly?

4. What effect does the "race popularity" have? Does this affect the number of competitors that will attempt to race? Or does this amplify the prestige effect of winning races?

5. What are "singleMake", "singleConstructor" and "image" used for or will be used for in the future (as all of these are currently either "false" or empty)?

Thanks for taking the time Smile
1) Age is for age demographics of the vehicle type. Currently this is hard-coded in the game based off the primary values. Eventually I plan on moving it to the xml values so that they can be modded and for more control over which age bracket likes what. There is how many age groups in the game? 4 or 5? So the values would be 0-4 from youngest to oldest.

2) Prival is twice as important as Secval. If we make the expansion I plan on changing it to list all vehicle ratings then assigning a percentage to the rating.

3) Count how many wealth groups there are in the game. I think it's 8? Or at least it used to be 8, I might of simplified the UI in the game.

4) Race popularity y is how many people watch the series. More people watch Algorithm I than the US Mini Independent Car series.

5) Single make means only one maker can enter it. SingleConstructor means... I forget actually, i'd have to look at my comments... Image is the picture/logo of the series.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Thanks, Eric.

Some follow-ups:

4. But what effect does that popularity have on the game?

5. Hm, this doesn't really make sense to me. "Single make" should be a a racing series where the same vehicle is used by all participants (such as the Porsche Supercup in real life), although I don't see how this would make a lot of sense given the current state of the racing simulation in GearCity. For this to make sense, it would have to be possible to create your own racing series.

"Single contructor" should be a series where only one "maker" can actually enter - though that probably makes even less sense in the context of the game and, in fact, in real life. I don't know of such a series, to be honest. All racing series that could be classified as "single constructor" would automatically be "single make" as well. Get my point? biggrin