Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IMPLEMENTED]Reformat All-In-One-Mega-Menu
So learning more each day and i'm finding that moving around the game is pretty convoluted at times. The all in one mega menu is really, really handy however there isn't enough room.

What we really need is for things to be split up into different pages.

For example, instead of having "modify", "information" & "Auto-commands" change them to:

- Production
- Distribution
- Marketing
- + others as they come along (maybe Design?)

And then move some info from the modify tab and some from the auto commands onto the one page so everything for each part of your business is in the one place. I've found that to do certain things, you need to click through 2 - 5 screens to figure out the info needed to make the change.

Under production, have all of your factories and what they making and be able to change production in each factory from the same screen. It would be really nice to be able to see the full names of cars without having to scroll things sideways to see what cars have what production assigned to them.

For distribution, be able to see and change pricing for "globally", "regionally" & "locally". Also being able to see total sales numbers would be really helpful as well. Perhaps as you change "zoom" (from say globally to regionally) have the sales numbers change to match so that you can see what you have sold in that region or that locality.

For marketing, be able to see and change marketing but also have the global commands as well. Also some information about the effect of your marketing and also marketing per unit.

I think that also placing some of the information from reports onto the mega menu might be a good idea as well. For example, the "total cost per unit" (not just the production cost per unit) would be really handy to have on the distribution tab (that way you can see your true bottom line).

Obviously, this is a pretty big suggestion that would require a lot of work. I feel that the only place the game is let down is in it's "user friendliness". The level of detail is amazing and if the game was easier to play, it would be 3x the amount of awesome it already is.

Apologies if this has already been suggested and thanks for your continue effort. They say that AAA games are killing the gaming industry. Its indie and small dev games like this that have heart and s oul and are worth supporting.
Watch me play Gear City!

Root Negative Gaming on YouTube
I'd like to hear more opinions on this before making a decision.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
This sounds like a really good idea to me!
I agree with Eric too though. Its be worth taking a bit of time to think through the options first to save having to go back and do it again later.

Really solid suggestion though!
I believe we got a suggestion like this before, would have to dig through akrash's mega suggestions thread.

Speaking of which, that aussie wasn't dragged off by a dingo was he? Haven't seen him in a while.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(07-16-2014, 09:24 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Its be worth taking a bit of time to think through the options first to save having to go back and do it again later.

A big +1 to that.

I'll try to put together a bit of a post putting forth exactly what I would think should go on each page.

@Eric.B: dude, dingoes are hardly worth worrying about. Too many other things that are much more likely to kill you down here.
Watch me play Gear City!

(07-16-2014, 10:52 PM)-root Wrote: @Eric.B: dude, dingoes are hardly worth worrying about. Too many other things that are much more likely to kill you down here.

Was an reference to Dingo Boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuomoNM4N4I (Probably NSFW, or Ears, You have been warned.)
See, i thought you meant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCTZF61ey0
Watch me play Gear City!