Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Small tweaks
I'm sorry if these suggestions allready are mentioned in the forum, but I've always been poorly skilled at searching forums.

1. Just to create a more polished first impression to new players and demo testers, removing the need to restart the game when adjusting options would be great.

2. When I creat a new part (gearbox, engine, chassis) I would love to have more comparison points to my older parts. The Summary window would have been an excellent addition to the window where you can view older parts when designing a new one. The reson for this is mainly due to preference on my part. I'm so bad at remembering details, that when I wanted to make a better gearbox for a pickup truck I could not for the life of me remember the exact slider positions of the older gearbox. (This might be important for squizing the most out of every dollar the thing will cost, as well as when you are role playing and want to expand to new Trims.)

P.S. By "small" tweaks I of course mean as percieved when the user is fiddling around in the GUI, not in how much time it might actually take to implement this. Smile
As of 2 - you can load settings from your older gearbox and then tweak it for your pickup.
Personally I think that comparison of all the stuff wouldn't be that helpful because you can achieve same result in a number of ways, and in addition some ways of achieving best possible result may become obsolete as time pass. So turning some knob to the max may be best in 1900 but in 1910 it may be best to turn some other thing higher.

But I may be wrong on this.
(05-31-2014, 09:57 AM)Tridon Wrote: I'm sorry if these suggestions allready are mentioned in the forum, but I've always been poorly skilled at searching forums.

1. Just to create a more polished first impression to new players and demo testers, removing the need to restart the game when adjusting options would be great.

2. When I creat a new part (gearbox, engine, chassis) I would love to have more comparison points to my older parts. The Summary window would have been an excellent addition to the window where you can view older parts when designing a new one. The reson for this is mainly due to preference on my part. I'm so bad at remembering details, that when I wanted to make a better gearbox for a pickup truck I could not for the life of me remember the exact slider positions of the older gearbox. (This might be important for squizing the most out of every dollar the thing will cost, as well as when you are role playing and want to expand to new Trims.)

P.S. By "small" tweaks I of course mean as percieved when the user is fiddling around in the GUI, not in how much time it might actually take to implement this. Smile

1) I plan on rewording it, Only the video settings and language settings need a restart. Everything else such as sensitivities, shadows, shaders, and music volume, do not.

2) I plan on adding a system to tell you how good your design is for a target vehicle. So you select Sports car, and down at the bottom it will say something like "The driveability of this chassis for sports cars is lower than average" , "The braking ability of this chassis is better than average"

You can load exact sliders of an existing component using 'Summary', then 'Clone Sliders' when the Advance Designer.

As for a direct comparison you could always open the existing chassis using "View" up at the top.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been focusing on Steam and Reddit threads more than here, but eventually I'll shift my focus back to this community of hardy beta-testings vets. Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(05-31-2014, 03:34 PM)AlexxV Wrote: As of 2 - you can load settings from your older gearbox and then tweak it for your pickup.
Personally I think that comparison of all the stuff wouldn't be that helpful because you can achieve same result in a number of ways, and in addition some ways of achieving best possible result may become obsolete as time pass. So turning some knob to the max may be best in 1900 but in 1910 it may be best to turn some other thing higher.

But I may be wrong on this.

This is true as well, ratings decrease every year, while different ratings increase at different rates over the years as technology improves.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Sorry for the very late reply here, but the "Clone" functionality did exactly what I needed. Thanks!