Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Suggestions (both Demo and Full)
Hi Everyone

I had played a full, much better than previous demo but I think that something are missing. So I suggest more things (applies both Demo and Full).

Gaming Side: Unlimited Money Mode (also in SimCity Societies, so I can play it without "Game Over"), Fictional Mode (also seen in Alpha build), Custom Starting Year (not the four starting periods) (1900-1922 in demo) and Custom Starting Money (not to be confused with Unlimited Money Mode)

Design Side: Custom Paint (so I can choose any color I want), More Car Bodies (including Microvan, also late-year cars), More Rims Styles on Tires (because e70_tire1 is a 4-lug rims and e80_tire1 is a base-model steel wheel), More Door Handles (including sliding door for vans, rear trunk doors)

Office Side*: Office Updates for 1977, 1998, 2001 (originally 2002) and 2011 (originally 2010)
1977: Stereo Radio, Push-Button Telephone, GC-PIP Computer (Commodore PET), 1998: Same as 1995 (but with Windows 98 on computer display and smaller clock), 2001: New Computer Set (with 17" LCD Monitor), 2011: Windows 7 on computer display (originally Windows Vista), 3.5" I4S Smartphone (originally BlackBerry)

*Seen in Office.zip (Office_Year_Season.tga file)
You don't need to worry about most of your suggestions. I'm fairly certain Eric already has some kind of "Debug" mode with unlimited money and so forth for his own use - this would probably be further implemented in such a way that it is fairly easy to activate for the end user (in a later version, of course).

I'm also quite sure that there will be a number of additional rims, door handles and the other odds and ends...if not, these should be fairly easy to mod once the full game is out (I'm reasonably certain Eric would support that)...as to the newer computer...I don't know if it's worth the effort to change the office picture, probably also something that could be modded (and I don't think this justifies sinking more money and effort into artwork, as Eric is outsourcing this stuff as far as I'm aware).

As to the custom paint...isn't there pretty much every color available right now?
1) Unlimited money is planned, it's a heavily requested feature
2) Customer starting money should be possible. Although Low priority.
3) Custom Paints are currently not possible, however I do think i'll tweak the colors in the near future. (Less weird colors, more common colors)
4) Custom starting year is probably not possible, due to how we load data from the xml files. I could interpolate to your year. But that is a lot of work. This is something I would save for the Expansion
5)More car bodies/tires/doorhandles/etc will be coming as fast as our artist can make them, and for as long as I have money to throw at him. This is one of the main reasons we had an early access...
6)Office artwork is what it is, There won't be any changes made to it at this time.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I can suggest an improvement to one of your suggestions:

- Rather than having an unlimited money mode or asking players how much they want, just have a cheat key that adds money. Far simpler to implement.

I don't think its particularly high priority, because you can adjust the money yourself if you know how to edit save files.

Personally the other suggestions louver made don't really interest me a great lot. No offense to the ideas themselves, thats just my preference.

Edit : Added this to the suggestion link thread.
When giving a price for car before I sell it it is very difficult to see how much the total production cost is per car. Which makes pricing a little complicated, could that be altered somehow?
(06-01-2014, 10:32 AM)Henk Wrote: When giving a price for car before I sell it it is very difficult to see how much the total production cost is per car. Which makes pricing a little complicated, could that be altered somehow?

Prices are fluid, and there is a lot that goes into it that is dependent on your actions.
There is a report under reports that shows the exact cost of a model from production to sale. You can also set this report to show every turn.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(05-31-2014, 09:23 AM)Eric.B Wrote: 3) Custom Paints are currently not possible, however I do think i'll tweak the colors in the near future. (Less weird colors, more common colors)

Well, regarding colors or more accurately, color selection UI, I'd go for smaller buttons, with relatively more area of each being the color. Also, when you add colors, try to add some pastels, and some less saturated colors, if you could?
(06-04-2014, 10:25 AM)Kubby Wrote:
(05-31-2014, 09:23 AM)Eric.B Wrote: 3) Custom Paints are currently not possible, however I do think i'll tweak the colors in the near future. (Less weird colors, more common colors)

Well, regarding colors or more accurately, color selection UI, I'd go for smaller buttons, with relatively more area of each being the color. Also, when you add colors, try to add some pastels, and some less saturated colors, if you could?

I was thinking something along the same idea. Instead of Leather buttons, just have the buttons as the base color, 128ish of them arranged juxtaposed by shade. Should look more like a color picker, and we'll have more options.

In time though, lot more pressing issues to take care of in the designer.