Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity Steam Early Access Date
The video didn't come out as good as I wanted it to. Fruluna's voice was out... Oh well...
I also forgot to ask my publisher before I posted all this stuff... Whopses. Hopefully the date is the 30th and there are no set backs!

Anyhoo, Questions? Comments? Fill free to ask here!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Can't wait!
Prices announced, normal price is $14.99, The price will go up a dollar every version or two.

Special Launch discount is 20% so that makes the game $11.99 I think. We're a third of the price of most games, and twice the fun! So buy it! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Buying 2 copies, one for me one for my wife. Normally I'd get only 1 copy and try to hack the 2nd copy on an offline computer, but I'm making an exception for a small company versus EA (puke) or something. Can't wait, 6 more days... Oh, they're just gonna crawl by now...
(05-24-2014, 10:30 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Prices announced, normal price is $14.99, The price will go up a dollar every version or two.

Special Launch discount is 20% so that makes the game $11.99 I think. We're a third of the price of most games, and twice the fun! So buy it! Smile
Very reasonable price point i think.
Your not likely to get a lot of complaints about the price at that level. (there will always be one or two)

I must admit im surprised its that low, considering the genre. Simulators usually dont go for mass market low prices from what ive seen.
(05-24-2014, 10:22 PM)Arakash Wrote:
(05-24-2014, 10:30 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Prices announced, normal price is $14.99, The price will go up a dollar every version or two.

Your not likely to get a lot of complaints about the price at that level. (there will always be one or two)

I must admit im surprised its that low, considering the genre. Simulators usually dont go for mass market low prices from what ive seen.

1) The game isn't finished.
2) I hate paying more than $20 for a game. So I'm going to try my hardest to make sure it doesn't go above $20. (Unless it's a bundle deal.)
3) Text-based Managers that charge $49.99 per game are a complete rip off. I can code the same thing in a year... Which reminds me, I thought about doing an American Football one not too long ago... Empty market. I'll have to put it 5th on my todo list Wink
4) The 20% off is only for a week, then it jumps back to 14.99, when 1.15 is released it'll move up to 15.99, and so forth.

We'll see how it goes.
(05-24-2014, 10:49 PM)Eric.B Wrote:

2) I hate paying more than $20 for a game. So I'm going to try my hardest to make sure it doesn't go above $20. (Unless it's a bundle deal.)
3) Text-based Managers that charge $49.99 per game are a complete rip off. I can code the same thing in a year... Which reminds me, I thought about doing an American Football one not too long ago... Empty market. I'll have to put it 5th on my todo list Wink
4) The 20% off is only for a week, then it jumps back to 14.99, when 1.15 is released it'll move up to 15.99, and so forth.

We'll see how it goes.
Fair points.
I'm not entirely sure which text based managers your referring to, have you got an example your thinking of?

I'm just basing it off a lot of the other Alphas ive payed for as well as the finished simulators ive bought.
For example Prison Architect Kenshi

Personally im probably less picky and perhaps more biased about the price point than the average person. I play a lot of wargames, strategy games and simulators which are almost notoriously overpriced.
For example : Distant Worlds Universe
Considering its age its probably overpriced, but i still think its worth it.
(05-24-2014, 11:01 PM)Arakash Wrote:
(05-24-2014, 10:49 PM)Eric.B Wrote:

We'll see how it goes.
Fair points.
I'm not entirely sure which text based managers your referring to, have you got an example your thinking of?

I'm just basing it off a lot of the other Alphas ive payed for as well as the finished simulators ive bought.
For example Prison Architect Kenshi

Personally im probably less picky and perhaps more biased about the price point than the average person. I play a lot of wargames, strategy games and simulators which are almost notoriously overpriced.
For example : Distant Worlds Universe
Considering its age its probably overpriced, but i still think its worth it.

I won't single out any games, but all those games have graphics... Check out some of the $40 sport simulation games. Wink
Any idea WHEN exactly the game will be available tomorrow?
(05-29-2014, 07:48 AM)freeman2344 Wrote: Any idea WHEN exactly the game will be available tomorrow?

Last I checked it will be 12PDT, I'm not in control of this.

This translates to 1500 -5GMT (3pm EST, Eric Standard Time), 2000 GMT (8pm GMT, Greenwhich Mean Time) I'm sure with the GMT, you guys are smart enough to work it out from there. Wink