Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.15 Progress
Don't know if fixed in 1.15 but my game has crashed twice today in 1960 to 1970
trying to attach tyres in design.
(06-21-2014, 08:51 AM)shadow Wrote: Don't know if fixed in 1.15 but my game has crashed twice today in 1960 to 1970
trying to attach tyres in design.

When ever you run into crashes like that please try to create a new thread in the bugs forum and upload your log file so I know where and why you crashed.

You can find the log file in the Steam Applications folder/ GearCity/GearCity/ the name of the file is logfile.log

Thanks!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Power outages prevented me from doing much work last night. We have such lovely weather here in Florida! Anyway, this is what I got done yesterday:

Report size is now dynamic.
Resizing factory smaller than currently used lines will now cancel all production in the factory.
Ending Production of a vehicle now removes it from marketing. (Vehicle will still remain in branches)
Fixed a number of GUI issues in Stand Alone Car Designer
Fixed name spacing issue when designing new model years or trims.

Today I'm going to try to knock out some bugs on the forums. Package it all up and make a patch!
Then starting Monday I'll work on user requested features until Friday then hopefully switch back to decals and finish those up by the end of the weekend!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Morning fixes:

-348 Logos resized (Should fix some crashing) However quality has been reduced. I will probably end up redoing all the logos at some point.
-Adjusted Slider Buttons change amount.
-Fixed SUV start date
-Slider Summary screen is now closed when "building" or "canceling" a design.
-Fixed vehicle comparison color for acceleration
-Bankrupt screen now takes you to main menu
-1970s UTE
-1980s Door Handle

1.14.6 has been pushed to steam. 1.14.7 will be solely focused on your minor suggestions. (Unless we run into breaking bugs.) Hopefully work won't kick my ass so much this week now that I'm back in the groove of waking up at 7am every morning.
This evening I got mouse scrolling working. Not all GUI widgets have this functionality yet. So tomorrow when I get home from work, I will work to improve and expand mouse scrolling to work on all list and combo boxes. (Currently it works for all text labels and 1 list that I'm using to test.)

I believe after that I will work on automating (ugh Tongue) tasks such as retooling, production, and displaying a recommended price (2* unitcost.) Hopefully this will help with "micromanaging" issues some people have when running large companies.
Mouse wheel scrolling should now work on every vertical scroll bar!

I have to go get dressed now, don't think I can teach tweens HTML in my undies... >.>;
(06-24-2014, 06:18 AM)Eric.B Wrote: I have to go get dressed now, don't think I can teach tweens HTML in my undies... >.>;

Well, certainly not without spending some time in jail, which would not bode well for the development of Gear City, I'm afraid...
Hello,

I have a very simple question... Is the patch install automatically or should i install it by myself?

In the second case can you explain me how to do it.

Thanks in advance
If you're playing the steam version of the game. It should update automatically unless you have disabled this feature.

You should have everything in the 1.15 list except decals. Smile
The game can now automatically manage your production, although not very efficiently in its current state, well enough to keep a company profitable. I still have to slap together the GUI for it, alter a few settings here and there and it should be ready to go.

Next up will be auto-retool.