Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.15 Progress
Spent most of the morning playing the game, and most of the evening tweaking.

Harder just got a whole lot Harder and easy well, it's like candyland and teddy bears. OK maybe it's not that easy. But it's easier. Smile

A lot of focus went into 1950 and 1980. I found that most of the numbers in 1950 were great. Historically accurate with the times. 1980, not so much. Factories were able to produce way too many vehicles, and the sales numbers were about 3 times too high. I'm not done with 1980s, but we're making progress.

So what did I do?
Double speed for arrow keys on keyboard in the designer.
Increased 1950 starting money for easy.
Factory costs 25% higher on Hard Mode.
Factory costs 35% lower on Easy Mode.
Car design and unit costs 10% less on Easy.
Car design and unit costs 15% higher on Hard.
Lower tech costs for factories.
Increased factory baseline costs.
Increased factory speed/quality costs.
Increased low Infrastructure costs.
Decreased baseline number of production lines.
Increase number of production lines tech gives you.

Some more testing will go into these numbers tomorrow. As well as lowering 1980s and beyond's sales.

As of right now using Zurich as a metric in 1986 in normal. Max factory costs dropped from 25billion to 6.8billion. Max Lines dropped from 141 to 71. Minimum cost to build went from 7million with 25 lines or so to 81million with 16 lines.

+25% costs for hard, -35% costs for easy.... Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Pushed the patch.

Should hopefully knock out Steam bugs list, fix the stupid mouse lag, and then get back to decals!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Work continues on the decal system. Hopefully we can get it live in a week or so.

I will be a little busy with Real Life issues the next 2 or 3 days. So I may not be as quick to answer questions and comments. Sorry for any inconveniences.
Programming will occur late nights however, so there should not be too much disruption to progress.
I had extended family over the last few days, as well I started my summer teaching gig. Both of which cut into my work time. It has taken me a few days to get my legs under me again. (Literally, of 11 hours of teaching, two hours are "wellness" and having sit on a computer making GC for the last 4 years... I'm sooooo sore!!!! Sad )

Anyhoo, what have I been working on:
Adjusted Factory Costs again
Decals can now be selected, and moved around the vehicle. I now have to make them resizeable and rotatable.
Look forward to movable decals. Rotation should be an interesting design feature!
(06-18-2014, 07:11 PM)shadow Wrote: Look forward to movable decals. Rotation should be an interesting design feature!

Just means rotation of the decals, like you can do with the headlights and stuff.
Great. Makes the design part even better, !
any idea when 1.15 will be realised?
Decals are now morphable. I got a little more clean up work to do on them before I can release them public.

In the meantime, after lunch, I'll switch to bug fixes so we can hopefully get a patch out in a few days. Wink
Cool.
been on gearcity since 3am uk time !
as I've bsaid before , best game evr!
Continuing minor bug and UI fixes:

Fixed AI factory building bug
Fixed GearBox View Bug in RnD
Fixed AI GearBox bug allowing for parts at incorrect times.
Increased height of some textboxes.
Relabeled Stand Alone Car Designer's menu text.
Fixed Stand Alone Car Designer's Loading Window close bug.
Increased minimum design skills and lowered ladder frame reqs to fix "can't design chassis" bug.