Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.15 Progress
Do you have a rough guesstimate (or hopestimate... eh...) for 1.15? Week(s)? month(s)?
Well 1.14.32 came out this morning. (I thought I set the build to live, but I didn't last night, amateur mistake from an amateur!)

1.15 is mainly a metric for the Open Beta/Demo as Steam gets updates in a much quicker time frame.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Aha Smile So you're not actually "holding back" some code on another branch to be merged in later on as a larger patch? If so, that's really cool. Almost feels like continuous deployment from the consumer's perspective Tongue

Rock on!
If you look at the first post, there should be - and + beside the tickets. + means it's been added to Steam, - Means it hasn't.

The only things that are -, are things that don't exactly work yet for consumption.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Here is what I remember doing today:
Wrote a video settings resetting program
Fixed engine and gearbox ratings
Possible fix to office glow crash
Converted office tga's to dds. Possible crash fix.
Fixed office crash in Linux Build.
It took all morning, but we now have Click Placement of Accessories!

If you have it enabled (on the right hand side)
You click the accessory button, then click where you want to place the accessory!

That's it! It's much easier, faster, and looks better! Smile

We'll probably eventually make it the default option for placement.

I've got a little clean up work to do, then I will probably beta my patch tonight, and release it in the morning... 12 hours sooner so you guys can enjoy the weekend! Smile
(06-06-2014, 01:36 PM)Eric.B Wrote: It took all morning, but we now have Click Placement of Accessories!

If you have it enabled (on the right hand side)
You click the accessory button, then click where you want to place the accessory!

That's it! It's much easier, faster, and looks better! Smile

We'll probably eventually make it the default option for placement.

I've got a little clean up work to do, then I will probably beta my patch tonight, and release it in the morning... 12 hours sooner so you guys can enjoy the weekend! Smile

Oh epic! Haha nice work!
Pushed the patch to steam.

I didn't get to play test this like I wanted. Hell I didn't really get to sleep either... Had a big storm last night, power went off multiple times as I tried to upload... :\

Here is the announcement for 1.14.4:
Quote:Latest update is out!
It may look like a big update, but it's not. In fact, the game should be 400mb smaller! So what did I do since the last update?

-Wrote a video settings resetting program
This should allow you to reset the video settings if you break something. You can also enter custom resolutions. It is still recommended to use the in game video settings editor until I expand on this program's features.

-Fixed engine and gearbox ratings
Should be able to make higher rated engines and gearboxes now, which will also increase your performance and other ratings in vehicles.

-Possible fix to office glow crash.
Possible crash fix, although seems like there is some residue from clicking an item

-Converted office tga's to dds. Possible crash fix.
This reduces the game's install size by 400mb, vram usage by 50mb-ish, and reduced the usage of freeimage lib (which does have a few stability issues.) On top of that it may fix one of the office crash bugs, but that remains to be tested.

-Fixed office crash in Linux Build.
This is what spawned the above fix. You guys won't see this yet though. Becuase I still have a few more things to do to the Linux build.

-Accessory placement by just clicking!
The big feature of the week. You can now click exactly where you want to place Parts/Tires/Accessories. Simply choose the "Click Placement" method on the right, click the object you wish to place, then click where you want to place it... In a patch or two I will probably make this feature default.

As always, let me know if you have any issues, and enjoy!

I will probably take most of the day off, and will resume programming tonight.
This week's focus will be mainly balancing and a few minor bugs found here on the forums. So stay tuned!
Adjusted top speed calculations for players and AI (Thanks to Kubby!)
Adjusted aerodynamic drag calculations
Fixed IPO amount bug
Fixed Mega Menu production amount incorrect bug (forgot to apply the fix from world map to it)
Adjusted more DDS files to work on Linux. (May push these to windows to see if can help stability on some video cards like the TGA->DDS fix did.)

I have extended family visiting, so I have to clean the house tomorrow. Granted, I rarely do much work on Mondays anyway. Hopefully I can get everything cleaned so that I can spend Tuesday-Saturday on the game! We'll see, wish me luck, my toilet needs it! :|
Just remember to keep your arms spread out, and you should be safe from a somewhat vengeful toilet.