Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.15 Progress
With the Steam Early Access launch, there will probably be a little less programming action for the next 2 or 3 days while I answer questions and do some gorilla marketing. I've got 40 missing logos to take care of for top 10 AI and top 25AI, so I will probably start working on those starting tomorrow.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Well 24 hours into the steam release, and i'm pooped!

I've spent the last day answering questions. So not much progress occurred on GearCity over that time as you can imagine.

We did have a problem with Video Tutorials launching. This lead to some less than stellar reviews. But I believe I took care of that issue last night by disabling the help menu, and integrating the video tutorials into a steam guide. This is not a solution for Open Beta/Demo build. So I will have to think of something else, or fix it...

I've also tackled a few crashing bugs that ohm found.

I will probably take it lightly for the next few days, and start heavy programming work again on Monday.

So stay tuned and enjoy the game!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Just bought it. Congratulations on the release!!
Two more minor things have just been pushed to the Steam build:

1600x900 resolution added
Adjusted Mouse sensitivity, to hopefully fix sluggish mouse on full screens and huge monitors.
(05-31-2014, 09:47 AM)shaunisradd Wrote: Just bought it. Congratulations on the release!!

Thank you much! I hope you enjoy it! Smile
(05-31-2014, 09:43 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Well 24 hours into the steam release, and i'm pooped!

I've spent the last day answering questions. So not much progress occurred on GearCity over that time as you can imagine.

We did have a problem with Video Tutorials launching. This lead to some less than stellar reviews. But I believe I took care of that issue last night by disabling the help menu, and integrating the video tutorials into a steam guide. This is not a solution for Open Beta/Demo build. So I will have to think of something else, or fix it...

I've also tackled a few crashing bugs that ohm found.

I will probably take it lightly for the next few days, and start heavy programming work again on Monday.

So stay tuned and enjoy the game!

There is still a ton of activity on the steam forum (compared to the regular activity on here)
So i can imagine your being kept busy by a lot of it.
I forgot to update this last night!

Fixed End key bug.
Fixed fuel testing bug!
Fixed low ratings for vehicles!
(05-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Eric.B Wrote: We'll be launching our Steam Early Access release on May 30th. With that we will transition to a faster release system. So I will add a little + for things that have been pushed to Steam and a - for things that have not.

GearCity 1.15

+Increased Prestige calculation time.
I was just checking the changelist and i noticed this. Is that a typo? it reads like one.
(06-01-2014, 12:33 PM)Arakash Wrote:
(05-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Eric.B Wrote: We'll be launching our Steam Early Access release on May 30th. With that we will transition to a faster release system. So I will add a little + for things that have been pushed to Steam and a - for things that have not.

GearCity 1.15

+Increased Prestige calculation time.
I was just checking the changelist and i noticed this. Is that a typo? it reads like one.

Nope, prestige is now calculate more often.
based on what I have seen on steam, perhaps more information displayed explaining what things to on each screen is a good idea. (Sliders on the research screens having some information displayed on what exactly they do)