Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Beta 1.14 Appcrash
Basically, I'm getting an Appcrash error as soon as I try to start the game(after choosing a town, AI amount, and my name/company name).

I'm using Windows 7(32bit).

This is the error I get, exactly:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GearCity.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 537be84e
Fault Module Name: GearCity.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 537be84e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004769
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

@Edit: I've noticed this appcrash does not happen when you don't choose the AI amount. So I suppose that was the issue.

@Edit2: It happened again, this time when proceeding to add wheels to a car. This isn't looking too well, honestly. Sad
Could you include your log file for me?

I've found that we're missing some files that are in the Early Access but not in the Open Access build.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(05-21-2014, 02:12 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Could you include your log file for me?

I've found that we're missing some files that are in the Early Access but not in the Open Access build.

I'm not 100% sure if this is the right file, but here you go. I've attached it to this post. Hope that helps at all.

.log   Logfile.log (Size: 179.45 KB / Downloads: 433)
The up coming hotfix will fix this crash, should be out in about 10 minutes as soon as the guys on IRC confirm that it works...

The problem was a missing piece of art that is in Early Access build, but not in the Open Beta.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(05-21-2014, 02:23 PM)Eric.B Wrote: The up coming hotfix will fix this crash, should be out in about 10 minutes as soon as the guys on IRC confirm that it works...

The problem was a missing piece of art that is in Early Access build, but not in the Open Beta.

Alright, well, I'm glad the issue was found so quickly. I was worried I wouldn't be able to play for a while, this game is excellent.
Here is the patch: http://www.gearcity.info/download.php?f=...HOTFIX.exe

Let me know if it happens again.
(05-21-2014, 02:35 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Here is the patch: http://www.gearcity.info/download.php?f=...HOTFIX.exe

Let me know if it happens again.

I've just tried using an AI option besides "All" and it crashed again. So yeah, it didn't fix everything seemingly. Here is the logfile.

.log   Logfile.log (Size: 34 KB / Downloads: 440)
Ok found this one too, Redownload the Hotfix file and install it!