Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer Specs Poll
I'm trying to come up with a minimum requirements specification for the game. I have some general idea of what it is, but I'd also like to poll you guys on what kind of hardware you have.

So if you know the specs of your computer please post them here!
I'm looking for:
CPU.
Memory.
Video Card.
Operating System.
And does the game work? If not, if possible: which version and why?

If you don't know these things, just post what brand and model of computer you have. For example I'm on an IBM R51 right now.

We're specifically looking to see how well the game runs on low end machines.

Thanks much!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I'll start off with some of the rigs i've used:

Computer 1)
Phenom 9550
8gb ram
hd3670 and HD6450 512mb and 1gb respectively
XP-64
Yes

Computer 2)
Athlon 64 3200+
2gb ram
mx440m 64mb
XP
No, All versions, dx7 and opengl 1 were max supported on video card.

Computer 3)
FX-4300
4gb ram
HD7650 2gb
Slackware Linux
Yes- In wine, No, working on native Linux

Computer 4)
Sempron 145
2gb ram
hd2450 ???
XP
yes

Computer 5)
Athlon X2 e4450
3gb ram
nvidia ???
Vista
yes
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
2.80 ghz Quad Core (Its an i7 i think)
8 GB
2xGeForce GTX 260 900mb each i think
Windows 7 - 64bit

Game works with almost no slowdown. I dont think ive ever had a turn time longer than 10-15secs but obviously i haven't played past 1930 either Smile
Only other consistent problem is that the game really doesn't like alt-tabbing, can cause a wide variety of problems but often just crashes if you do it repeatedly.
This could just be a problem on all operating systems though.
2.?? ghz Quad Core
8 GB
2xGeForce 9800GT 512mb on each (run in SLI)
Windows 7 - 64bit
240 GB SSD hard drive

Around mid 20's on tax months it slows down, about 28 or 29 it can take about a minute during tax months, about 20 seconds on regular months.

Wife's computer:

Dual core, 1.8ghz? Been a while
4 GB
GeForce something, card is dying and I can't physically see what it is without unhooking the computer, computer password locked
Windows XP

I think she finally hit 1920, and tax months she has been able to go to the bathroom, get back, and still have to wait for it.

***I've noticed Gear City only runs on 1 of my processors. It runs around 75-80% but only on processor 1. The other 3 are idling the entire time. How hard would it be to either be able to select how many cores to run on, or to just use more than 1?
(05-08-2014, 12:41 PM)Remaggib Wrote: ***I've noticed Gear City only runs on 1 of my processors. It runs around 75-80% but only on processor 1. The other 3 are idling the entire time. How hard would it be to either be able to select how many cores to run on, or to just use more than 1?

I hope to take care of some of the speed issues in 1.15, Being able to reduce the amount of AI does help quite a bit on low end machines however.

The main bottleneck is writing data to the database where all the data is stored. The DB can only be written to with one thread at a time. Thus the amount of effort to use the other cpu cores would not gain much in the way turn times.

What I need to do is smarten up the AI a little, and streamlining some of the functions.
I5 2500K
8gb ram
Geforce 560Ti
Win 7 64-bit
Turn end is a couple of seconds.

I use a SSD drive, which might explain why the turn end is so fast.
We'll see when early access is opened, if it stays that way late in the game Smile
i7 cpu 950 @ 3.07ghz
6gb RAM
AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
Win 7 64 bit
No SSD

Early on most turns are more or less instant but tax months can take a few seconds. Once things get really big in the late 20's to 30's the average month takes 2-3 seconds but tax months can sometimes be 10+ seconds.
Intel 4930k
32GB RAM
3x 780 Ti's
Windows 7 64 bit
Yes

However, sometimes when designing things in the R&D department with assisted mode, it become very unresponsive, the values change randomly, and I have to wait to change the sliders. The game also crashes sometimes, but not that often.
When it crashes, could you upload the log file for me onto the forums.
You can find it under your Steam Applications folder, Then GearCity/GearCity, It is named Logfile.log

The unresponsive assisted mode happens to me as well. I'll get to fixing it eventually.

Thanks,
(06-01-2014, 12:17 PM)Eric.B Wrote: When it crashes, could you upload the log file for me onto the forums.
You can find it under your Steam Applications folder, Then GearCity/GearCity, It is named Logfile.log

The unresponsive assisted mode happens to me as well. I'll get to fixing it eventually.

Thanks,

It just crashed then. Here is the logfile:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/tis7y36gwi...ogfile.log

I also have another problem, when designing the body of the vehicle. I can't put anything on the vehicle, it just appears under the middle of the vehicle and doesn't go on it. I can't apply any paints to it either.