Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED]Vehicle Reputation, that lead to increased sales.
Could we get a bonus feature for vehicle's "Reputation"?
Sort of the "Longest sedan", The "Most Fuel Efficient", the "Most innovation equipped car".... etc. Things known as "Best in Class" or "Best in Segment".
These things heavily impacted the Auto Industry sales since it's beginning till this date (excluding the "Longest Sedan" of course) which stopped in early 1990s.

Another one for the engine, "The lightest", "Most powerful", "Most efficient", and even "Best in Class Power" and "Best in Class fuel consumption".

Again, these "titles" the auto industry (especially American) had raced for till the end of the 80s, and the "titles" earned affected the sales and (I believe) they made Cadillac the best luxury maker for 44 years in a row!
I agree, would be a good idea and shouldn't be too hard to do. Surprised something like that hasn't come up before (maybe it has and I never read it...)

On a similar note: how about an "awards" ceremony at the end of every year where the fastest, most efficient, best-selling, etc. cars and carmakers are awarded (and receive a small sales boost for the coming year).
(05-04-2014, 05:31 PM)freeman2344 Wrote: I agree, would be a good idea and shouldn't be too hard to do. Surprised something like that hasn't come up before (maybe it has and I never read it...)

On a similar note: how about an "awards" ceremony at the end of every year where the fastest, most efficient, best-selling, etc. cars and carmakers are awarded (and receive a small sales boost for the coming year).
I dont think it has come up before either.
There is something which may be related which i believe is going to be implemented, which is popularity of certain types of engines. For example, a component, like a V6, might be more popular (and attract more customers) than a single cylinder, even with similar stats. I also believe the demand is intended to change over time, so if you make a lot of those H4's, they might get more mainstream.

Im getting far off the point here though Smile on the original idea, i think its an interesting one.
Going along with your thought about an awards ceremony.
Perhaps some yearly or 5 yearly events (the game is on a montly scale, yearly might be too frequent)
These events list the awards you mentioned and increase
  • the image of the company
  • the specific ratings of the company towards whatever the award was (like luxury which already exists in the company code)
  • popularity(probably sales) of the specific vehicle

I like the idea especially because it might further discourage the player(like i always do) from making bad quality vehicles, as they will never win awards.
You're right, yearly intervals may be too frequent. I'm liking the idea more and more though. I'd be curious to see what Eric thinks about it.
I'm glad that you guys agree with me on this! Smile
However, I do like what you two are talking about... "Awards" merges perfectly with "Reputation" biggrin These two can heavily make the game more fun, challenging and above all more Realistic. Which is the core goal of GearCity, mates biggrin
(05-05-2014, 01:15 PM)zane94s Wrote: I'm glad that you guys agree with me on this! Smile
However, I do like what you two are talking about... "Awards" merges perfectly with "Reputation" biggrin These two can heavily make the game more fun, challenging and above all more Realistic. Which is the core goal of GearCity, mates biggrin
Just for reference, though i dont know if all of them are active, each company has a few ratings like the reputation you are asking for. These arent vehicle specific, but they are related to the discussion.

Most of these can be seen in the Prestige report in the reports section of the sales book.
Specifically there is:
  • An Image rating which is changed through things like advertising and racing. It has a large effect on sales.
  • Various Ratings towards certain vehicle types, such as luxury, quality etc.

If we implement Awards through ingame events(which already exist), like freeman and myself were talking about, effecting only the ratings which currently exist ingame(which i mentioned), then this is potentially something that could be implemented without large additions/changes to the game.

Im less keen on having some place we can view these awards or a reputation rating for the vehicle, at a glance these sound much more time consuming to implement.
As always, we should wait for Eric to say what is practical/what he likes Smile.
I think it does make sense to have reputation for both marques and vehicles.
To give an Australian example of this. Holden has always been considered the "Australian car" and until fairly recently they have absolutely dominated the Australian market with their largest car the Commodore and it's predecessors. However, even through that dominant period they struggled to have any real success with anything other than the big cars. Why? The company it self has a pretty poor reputation for build quality, value for money and reliability but the big car had a strong reputation of its own that carried it for years.
Superlatives has been suggested for the magazine. They will be implemented when I fix the review system.

Superlatives don't effect vehicle's image or prestiges, it's mostly for bragging rights and fluff.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Should note that superlatives are different than awards. Awards will probably effect image and prestige. Depending on where you're playing, you might even get badges or something.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
The idea that I'm trying to pass here is simply to give a certain model sort of its own identity and heritage. Example on that is the Lincoln Continental Mark-Series. These cars has their own unique identities, they might become a "flagship" which for sure is crucial for any car manufacturer...
I thought about the "Awards" you guys are suggesting rather than "Reputation".. so I came up with a solution.. How about, "Awards" are the way the vehicle gains its "Reputation".. Let's say the player focused on gaining "Car of the Year" title for a certain model, and he managed to win this award several years in a row.. This will add "Reputation" points to that certain model and buyers will prefer it over competition in the same segment!
so goes for "Longest Sedan", "Fuel Efficient", "More car for Less Money, "Ahead of its Time" ... etc.. Smile

And yes I know about the Marque's Prestige thing... that's where I inspired this whole idea from biggrin !