Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Confused - Car Making Details and Wealth Details
Hi Ukir. The others have already given some good solid advice and I don't really have a lot more to add but I figured I'd point out a couple if things that haven't been mentioned in this thread.
You may already be doing these but it's worth saying in case you're not.

Chassis: For your first car, it's worth making your first chassis as small as you can go. It will negatively effect your finished vehicles stats slightly but big saving in weight and costs massively outweigh any negative effects. (even if your starting with a pickup or full size sedan imo)

Gearbox: For your first vehicles a 1 speed box is all you need. Unless your targeting a really high performance car, you'll gain almost nothing from more gears other than extra cost and weight.

Also, with regards to power figures in early game. The Benz patent motor wagon didn't even produce 1hp and it was pretty common to have single figure outputs well into the 1910's. I don't think it's actually possible to make an engine that makes less than 3hp in the game currently but for a 1900 compact or phaeton even that tiny output is plenty if you're chasing a cheap car.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still Confused - Car Making Details and Wealth Details - by Frankschtaldt - 04-28-2014, 05:59 AM