Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Assisted Design - Gearbox
Playing 1.13

I know there is some kind of naming convention in gearbox's that means the "speed" doesnt necessarily reflect the number of gears, but im unsure on this one. Ill post it anyway and other people can decide.

In a game i just started, the assisted design system gave me a gearbox which is a 4 speed.
When i design a Gearbox manually, i can only select between 1 and 3 gears.
Does this have to do with the naming convention i mentioned or is the assisted design system using components i dont have access to?
(04-17-2014, 11:08 PM)Arakash Wrote: Playing 1.13

I know there is some kind of naming convention in gearbox's that means the "speed" doesnt necessarily reflect the number of gears, but im unsure on this one. Ill post it anyway and other people can decide.

Not that I'm aware of.
The number of speed always means the number of forward gears as far as I'm aware.
The way it's worded when highlighted in game, reverse counts as a gear. So a 2 speed manual trans is 1 forward and 1 reverse gear, again the way it's worded. So I'm unsure myself.
Since I have moved reverse gear to its own check box, the "speed" is now just the number of forward gears.

Marking this thread as fixed.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski