Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Edition Suggestions
(05-01-2014, 08:35 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
(05-01-2014, 07:39 AM)lord.abhorn@gmail.com Wrote: Hi, I would suggest you buy a licence for real companies and cars names for the Special Edition.
And with those real entries prepare some hystorycal scenarios like compete with Henry Ford in America
or try to beat Silver Arrows and Autounion in Germany
or meet mr. Ferrari in Italia
the scenarios schould not be too random, but rather scripted to follow the real hystorycal events of those early-days or todays world famous automotive companies.

Via the licence you could probably aquire some cool company graphics to the game too (like more blueprints/bodies/logos etc)

And a little supprise - may be a real CarKeys with gear City logo in shape of crankshaft or something closely related to the car bussines

Unfortunately licensing real marques and vehicles will be impossible for us. There are a few reasons for this, the first primary being that the cost of a Ferrari license would be greater than the game's sales... and that's just 1 marque, the game has a few hundred.

You also have a logistical nightmare of every marque wanting their brands promoted a certain way. I don't have the resources to accommodate that.

On top of all this, there is no promotional value for said companies to license their marques to me. Unlike a racing game where said companies can show off their work to potential customers. The object of GearCity is to beat these marques and build cars better than Ferrari. Doubt they'll let that happen to their brand image.

That being said, all the companies in GC are modelled after real companies,
So your best bet is to wait for the moding community to figure out what to rename and what logos to replace. Wink

Vehicle names will be getting some tweaks in the near future.

Scenarios will be coming in the future when I get pre-made history system operational. This will not be a special edition feature.

Thanks for the suggestions and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for explanation. I thought it is much simpler to get involved with those companies. and the mentioned negative promotion also gives a sence.