Poll: Which one do you like better?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Worded
25.00%
1 25.00%
Pure Numbers
75.00%
3 75.00%
Both!
0%
0 0%
Neither/Don't Care
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Presitege Report Format
Since you guys pay me to design the game, ultimately it's you're choice. I personally have a strong prefrence toward the worded, but I thought I might as well put it up for a vote since there are some strong opinions about having pure numbers in the report...

So which do we like better? Pure numbers, or worded?

We can't have both, unless I make one of them a user generated report (thus taking up a user generated slot...)

The numbers one could be cleaned up just a little bit, sorted by the Global Image column perhaps like the worded one.

The worded one has been adjusted to be position in rank rather than using a statical bell curve that was being screwed up by outliers.

Anyway, I'll let this poll sit for a while, as we don't have anywhere near as much traffic as we used to. Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Firstly, I think with the numbers truncated to zero decimal places it'll look a lot less scary.
Aside from that, there's so much more information to be extracted from the numerical report that you simply can't get from the worded one, such as:
Am I the best (or worst) or just one of...
How far from the beast (or worst) am I really?
What rank am I (partly solved by sorted version you've shown but only for one value and that one makes it hard to find the marque you're after because it's no longer alphabetical).
Am getting better or is everyone else around me getting worse (or vice versa)?
etc etc.

If I am to be outvoted and the word option wins the day, can I ask for a couple of modifications to it:
1) Go back to sorting it alphabetically so we can find the marque we are looking for more easily.
2) In addition to the current words, also add in a rank in () after it. If that's not possible, add in a "Best" and "Worst" word for the best and worst marque in that area.
Numbers all the way!
You didn't vote freeman Tongue

So my life is so boring that I even dream of working on GearCity when I sleep...
I came up with a console shell that allows users to generated their own reports using sqlite... It could do really cool things, like make sandwiches! But that's not going to happen, stupid dream world!

But I also came up with this. Hopefully it'll please both camps. And if not, I blame to Frankschtaldt.

Would you want me to tweak this more? If so How? Or would you rather me do the pure stuff as mentioned in the polls.

(Maybe I move everything to the left a little more, and line up the numbers, and then have the words aligned... Dunno if we'd have enough space though)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Love it. Like you suggested it could use a bit of neatening up (yes I know that's not a word) but otherwise that's just made of win.
Would putting the numbers first make it look neater?
Already did it.
Mmmmpie! That looks really good Smile Thanks Eric!
Yeah, that's probably the best solution.