Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Monthly report.
As suggested earlier, but it's dissapearing in less click options. (as the topic was).

Here is a bullet point of everything mentioned by Arakash and Geozero so far you requested:
Geozero:
- Sales by city
- Sales by car models (what you already see when you pass a turn)
- Factory output (probably per city)
Arakash:
- Profits per city - Lump sum and per unit
- Overall Profits per model ("Monthly cost and revenue", one of the generated reports)
Judging by the bullet list below which shows a lot of per city data, im thinking of a large per city table like the ones which are already ingame.
Unlike the other ones, it has a number of columns showing each of the pieces of information below. No idea how practical that is, but its an suggestion.
--
I'm thinking more in a proper report from each of the main departments, that can replace some of the ones we're already getting.
It should not be very detailed, but give an overall view so you'll know afterwards, where you need to focus. (And use the more detailed reports we have available.)

Below is my suggestion, each page should be toggled on/off:
Page 1 - Financial statement
*To replace Monthly Profits/Loss report, Interest gains/loss and Stock Report.
• Vehicles Sales
• Contract Revenue
• Etc.
o Total Revenue
• Cost of Manufacturing
• Cost of Distribution
• Cost of Sales
• Cost of Marketing
• Cost of Admin
• Cost of Research
• Cost of Racing
• Etc.
o Total Expenditures
• Interest gains/loss
 Total Net gain/loss of operating cash funds

• Value of stock (Owned)
• Own Stock Price.

Page 2 - Sales
• Sales per model per region.
o Vehicle Name |Produced |Sold |Reserves |Region
• Profit/Loss total per city (Cost of Manufacturing + Cost of Distribution + Cost of Sales vs. Sales price)
• Increased / decreased demands for car type. (The existing reports)

Page 3 – Manufacturing
• Any new production facilities (with city name).
*this could replace the new production facility report.

• Per factory: Estimated Production |Free Capacity % |Wear %
These informations are already available on the map.

• Any problems/penalties related to manufacturing should be displayed as well. *Any of those reports, could be replaced by this. (Manufacturing halted, strikes etc.)

Page 4 – Research & Development
• Any new options. (Body options, type of chassis, number of cylinders etc.) that are available.
• Project Progress Report. (Name of project and estimated finish date).
*This could replace the current reports of finished projects, as well as the delayed research report.

Page 5 – Marketing
• Any new form of Marketing available

Page 6 – Racing & Image
From what I’ve read, these are linked (atleast racing has an impact on image) so I’ve grouped these together.
• Race Results and place per series. * Can replace the current monthly report.
• Image change (if any).

I'm sure I've missed out some important bits, but this is what I could come up with now.
Hmm.
I was thinking of a turn summary screen, a single or few page kind of thing you can see in a lot of Turn based games.
Personally, i think we should get a summary screen, then if we need to go into a great amount of detail, look in the sales book.

A lot of your suggestions are legitimate suggestions for the sales book imo.
I think most of them aren't in there at all at the moment.

Some key ones i like:
Project report - currently i look under HR for this, which is very weird.
Obviously cost and profit reports, as the ones we get are in limited detail at the moment. There are several in that list.
I'm sure it can be narrowed down to 1 or 2 pages. (replace page with section, and remove some of them).

I think the financial statement is the most important as, afterall, we are running a business biggrin

But we are getting several monthly reports now, which could be integrated into this one instead.
(01-15-2014, 11:56 AM)Sarchez Wrote: I'm sure it can be narrowed down to 1 or 2 pages. (replace page with section, and remove some of them).

I think the financial statement is the most important as, afterall, we are running a business biggrin

We agree on that.
I think the general trend of Turn reports in other games also support that.
Where it is relevant, i can remember several turn based games games that have a financial report pop up after a turn is passed.
I think most of these are covered in the current available reports. If you could double check this list for me, it would be very helpful. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski