Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.14 Progress
Work begins, luckily it's mostly busy work and balancing. Full Beta balancing should trickle down into Open Beta!

Anyhoo since the other three progress threads have been successful, we'll start a new one for 1.14! Smile

1.14 Open Beta Change Log:
-----------------------------------------
  • Fixed a bug in the Gearbox Rating System
  • Fixed research bug when player has no factories or branches.
  • Fixed turn crash when player has no factories or branches.
  • Fixed bug in accessories listing which off sets buttons.
  • Adjusted torque/weight ratio numbers to lower fuel mileage for big vehicles with tiny engines...
  • Fixed bug in Assisted Engine Designer size adjuster.
  • Fixed bug with resetting marketing expenses when using the "Apply" button while marketing is locked
  • Fixed bug in the mega menu marketing system applying extra marketing to vehicles not sold in an area.
  • Fixed a bug in the engine displacement causing weight values to jump greatly instead of smoothly.
  • Fixed odd marketing numbers bug.
  • Adjusted spacing of ratings in the RND system.
  • Rearranged buttons for Car RnD
  • Adjusted component and vehicle design and unit costs.
  • Decreased late game factory costs.
  • Increased factory's baseline cost.
  • Adjusted AI's starting money when founded before the game has started.
  • Fixed in AI reserves assignment issues.
  • Adjusted AI's pricing, branch building, factory building, and closing goals
  • Added 100 more AI
  • Enabled AI selection
  • Adjusted build amounts per factory line
  • Decreased number of production lines in late game.
  • AI builds less of the same car types unless the models they have are old.
  • Factories under construction popup notification on worldmap.
  • Assign production screens now shows local and global vehicle reserve amounts.
  • Rate data is now manually interpolated in the TurnEvents.xml file.
  • Unlocked vs 10, and vs 25 AI
  • Axle Accessory
  • Save data directory moved back to root. Admin privileges is required to run GC.
  • gstreamer plugin has been removed in favour of your default video player.
  • Tweaks to the AI turn speed
  • Adjusted incorrect growth rates for some cities.
  • Fixed Entity Exists crash in RnD

1.14 Full Beta Change Log:
-----------------------------------------
  • Added all the office artwork
  • Added all safe artwork
  • Finished 1980s data set
  • Interpolated 1950 data set
  • Unlocked 1930, 1950, and 1980 starting dates.
  • Added all available car models
  • Added all available accessories
  • Fixed bug in the decreasing skills requirement when starting at later years.
  • Interpolated 1980 data set
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Status Update:

For breakfast I integrated the office artwork from 1930 to 1950
For lunch I fixed a bug in the gearbox rating system.
For dinner I integrated the office artwork from 1950 to 1968
And for my midnight snack I finished adding all the remaining office artwork Smile

Up next are all the safe designs!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
All the safe artwork has been added to the game.

The 1980s and 2020 city data needs to be tweaked. So I will work on this. It will probably take me two days to knock out.

After that I re-enable 1930, 1950, and 1980 start dates, start the balancing process and add all the cars to the game!
Fixed a few issues with the city data files. Game can now be started in 1930, 1950, and 1980 with the correct graphics and city data.
1940s vehicles have been added to the game.
1950s vehicles have been added.
1960s vehicles have been added.
Late game car models have had some quality issues. So I've taken the last few days to clean them up. It'll take probably another week to finish them.

As of right now I've got 31 cars out of 166 finished.
Forgive me if I'm out of line here but......
It looks like 1.14 is still quite some time off. Is there any chance you could put out a hot fix to the game zeroing out marketing expenditure? I can play around all of the other bugs in the current build but if I can't advertise my cars I can't sell them.

Again, sorry if I'm out of line but I've stopped playing because of this one bug and I miss the game LOL
(04-11-2014, 07:01 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Forgive me if I'm out of line here but......
It looks like 1.14 is still quite some time off. Is there any chance you could put out a hot fix to the game zeroing out marketing expenditure? I can play around all of the other bugs in the current build but if I can't advertise my cars I can't sell them.

Again, sorry if I'm out of line but I've stopped playing because of this one bug and I miss the game LOL

It's not out of place, however I am on a slight deadline with the art. I have to get the late game artwork finished so that I can tell Mrx_UA what is missing so that he may have time to finish it by the launch date.

So as such I can not touch code until it's all in the game.

So you probably won't get a hot patch anytime soon. And if you wait that long, might as well wait a little longer. Tongue

Once the artwork is in place, things should roll a little faster since there are not many bugs reported. I might be able to update the open beta once before the 1.14. Tongue