Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.14 Progress
Should also note, those are turn times in debug mode, which is slower than a release build.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
City popup on the world map will now tell you if a factory is being constructed at that location.
Assign production screens now show local and global vehicle reserve amounts.
Rate data is now manually interpolated in the turnevents.xml file.
Cleaned up a few minor AI bugs.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(05-02-2014, 02:16 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Assign production screens now show local and global vehicle reserve amounts.

Yay!
Unlocked top 10 AI and top 25 AI for slower machines. This two settings play with only 10 or 25 AI respectively. These AI's are modeled after the world's largest companies. Starting dates and starting cash has been adjusted for these companies to make up for the lack of competition.

1980 data set has been interpolated to modern times.

Adjusted accessory placement to work better with our new axle accessories for vehicle models that don't have axles to mount wheels on.
Due to some new features we'll be implementing soon the GearCity Save Data folder has been moved back to the root directory of the game. This will make it easier to implement said features on Linux and Mac. Plus it moves the folder back to where it was originally... Guess you can't break old habits. The bad news to this is that the game will require Admin privileges to run, but my understanding is that the appdata directories required it too...

The gstreamer plugin has been replaced by whatever media player you have installed on your computer. This is to reduce the size of the project as well reduce the difficulty of the installation process.

Full game looks to be about 1.19GB as of right now. It will probably be roughly 1.3GB when all is said and done.
(05-07-2014, 10:13 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Due to some new features we'll be implementing soon the GearCity Save Data folder has been moved back to the root directory of the game. This will make it easier to implement said features on Linux and Mac. Plus it moves the folder back to where it was originally... Guess you can't break old habits. The bad news to this is that the game will require Admin privileges to run, but my understanding is that the appdata directories required it too...

The gstreamer plugin has been replaced by whatever media player you have installed on your computer. This is to reduce the size of the project as well reduce the difficulty of the installation process.

Full game looks to be about 1.19GB as of right now. It will probably be roughly 1.3GB when all is said and done.
I think the admin thing will also something that a lot of us will be familiar with dealing with anyway. Ive certainly seen it listed as a requirement during install/troubleshooting for a lot of games.
Wankle engines will be disabled in 1.14 due to a late game crashing bug with them.

I had some free time to look at turn times some more, I've been able to shave off roughly 0.15 seconds per AI node by 1910 on my box. This should be more savings the more turns you play. The tax months are by no means fast as they should be yet... More tweaks will come in 1.15.

Now I have to go into PR mode, which means creating new videos, screen-shots, all that jazz. Sad
Fixed a few bugs with city population growth rates that managed to slip through open beta testing... Calgary is nice and all, but I don't think 100million people are going to move there anytime soon.
Fixed a few possible crash conditions when designing a car. Should hopefully make it a much more stable process.

Also took a bunch of pictures, I'll be updating the site tomorrow. For now I'm going to tweak a few more things that could possibly cause crashing as well as make a new trailer video... Did I ever tell you guys how much I hate making trailers? biggrin

All in all I'm waiting for a few pieces of art and this trailer. 1.14 Open beta should be out in a week or two. No exact dates on the Steam EA release yet.
As long as you keep us informed on the Steam release date, I'll be buying 2. The wife wants to go past 1930 as well as me!