Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Summary "Apply" crash in engine designer 1.13
Had a couple of minutes to take a quick tour while waiting for someone and noticed the new Summary section in the R&D screen and just about fell over!

However, every time I hit apply in the engine screen it crashes no matter what value I change. It seems to work fine for all other components though I haven't tried it in Vehicles yet.
Are you talking about research teams?
Are you using an old save game? Always start a new game with new builds.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(03-31-2014, 07:35 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Are you talking about research teams?
Are you using an old save game? Always start a new game with new builds.

Yes, of course its a new game.

See attached image for the thing I'm talking about.

I've even tried hitting "Apply" without changing any values and it still crashes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's not crashing for me, can you give me the logs? I may have you try the debugging tools that I have if there isn't anything in the logs.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Should have some time tonight so I'll post some logs for you then.
Totally new game (again), did absolutely nothing other than straight to the engine designer and open up the summary and hit apply.

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 44.96 KB / Downloads: 448)
Exactly the same is happening for me too. As soon as I click on "Apply" in the engine designer summary, gearcity.exe stops working.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.log   Logfile.log (Size: 41.11 KB / Downloads: 464)
I have still not been able to duplicate this bug.

The only thing I could think of is a rare occurrence when the sliders are not initialized but the estimations run anyway. As such I've implemented a couple of conditionals that should prevent this. I'm not sure if it fixes this bug. So I will be marking this thread as testing.