Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Marque takeover bugged? (1.12)
(03-12-2014, 10:35 AM)Sarchez Wrote: Taking over has become much harder (and much more expensive), that was intended for 1.12. (It's in the patch notes somewhere).

I'm not sure if I think it's too expensive (yet). And I've also run into companies rejecting offers at max. value (which makes perfect sense), but I've not noticed, whether it was for a company going bankrupt shortly after.

Yeah, I remember seeing that.
I don't think it's too expensive, though I think the chance of rejection is way too high. These are multinational corporations we're talking about for the most part, they simply don't possess the sentiment that small family owned businesses have that causes them to reject all buyout offers at all cost. They do whatever it takes to survive, including letting someone else own them.
One of the companies I tried to buy out had lost 10% of it's share value every month for as long as the graph displayed and they rejected a max buyout offer from me for 6 months straight including the turn before they went belly up.

But that's a matter for balance really.

Right now I'm more curious about the company that rejected me but I still ended up owning. Is there are chance of the player taking ownership on a collapsing company if they own shares?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marque takeover bugged? (1.12) - by Sarchez - 03-12-2014, 10:35 AM
RE: Marque takeover bugged? (1.12) - by Frankschtaldt - 03-12-2014, 03:16 PM
RE: Marque takeover bugged? (1.12) - by Eric.B - 03-27-2014, 01:39 PM