Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Weight influence and top speed limitations
Hi,

increasing the luxury, comfort and safety sliders should have a negative impact on a vehicle's weight as that should logically increase with added (abstracted) safety features and creature comforts. Vehicles are far too light right now, making it too easy to design very fast vehicles with comparatively small engines.

Also, top speed should be limited by chassis type or possibly other factors. Given a big enough engine, an early 20th century frame will easily reach Bugatti Veyron speeds - not realistic (maybe consider implementing some sort of tire model as well in this regard). IMO it would also be cool to have the option of adding a top speed governor for later years in order to cap top speed at, say, 250km/h like most manufacturers do nowadays. The in-game benefit would be increased reliability and maybe a better safety rating?
I've done some more tweaking to the weights as they were still too low. I adjusted the weight cost of various sliders to increase weights. Also fixed a bug where ratings window weights and saved car's weight did not match.

Top speed bug was fixed a while ago, and should be a lot more realistic now. Speed governors and what have you will not be implemented.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski