Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Single Cylinder Engines OP
More changes are coming to this thread, So I will mark as PART as in partly implemented/fixed.

Changes so far:
Increased Stroke effect on RPM's
Engine Layout's now effect Bore and Stroke. This Nerfs Single Cylinder engines while not really effecting maximum displacement of larger engines.
Adjusted Stroke effect on torque.
Fuel Economy switched to based on displacement instead of cylinders. IN the future I will implement the values suggestion in another thread.
Maximum Bore and Stroke decrease slightly over time. I don't think there are too many car engines with 200mm strokes any more. Wink

These changes need some extra scrutiny, so be sure to test them out for me. Thanks Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Just to point out I have implemented a smoothness rating which makes very small engines such the single cylinders, twin cylinders, etc, effect luxury ratings of vehicles. Smile

Keeping this thread marked, "part", for the other things in it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
And now with the changes I've made to bore and stroke, along with the exponential costs sliders have brought single cylinder engines to their knees!
1980 SOHC Supercharged Single Cylinder with 53x52mm bore/stroke and maxed everything is only putting out 46hp and 33ft-lbs of torque... It also costs $5000, which is about the same as a 15L DOHC V8 with 1070hp and 1328 ft-lbs of torque...

Maybe I nurfed em too much! biggrin

Anyhoo marking this thread as fixed now, i still have stuff to do in reliability and what have you, but for the most part everything in this thread has been covered.