Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Factory retool reducing production
This is a very preliminary report but re-tooling factories in 1.12 seems to significantly reduce production capacity!

When I get a bit more time I'll do some playing around and post screen shots and game saves etc. Just putting this here to remind myself to do it!
I made a brand new game to specifically try and force this bug but was totally unsuccessful.
If I notice it again in one of my other games I will post the save file as soon as I pick it up!

Well, that didn't take too long!!!![Image: sNCrmS5.png]

Can't get it to work in London but it works in Reykjavik.
My hunch is that this has something to do with the difference in worker skill vs vehicle complexity and some weirdness in the calculations therein.

I was making 10-20 of each of those vehicles the turn before, which was a drop down from 20-30 the turn before that. So I did a 100% retool of the factory and my production numbers dropped again to the levels in the attached image.

I've attached the save as well.

Attached Files
.rar   SMG.rar (Size: 999.44 KB / Downloads: 464)
Am I the only one having this issue? It's all but making the game unplayable for me. The only way I've found to get around it is to resize my factories constantly which is very expensive!
I'll be sure to get to it before 1.13 is out, sorry about it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
It's a beta, these things happen. 1.12 has been a massive improvement on 1.11.
I was more wondering if it's some weird issue with my install as no one else has said anything about it.
I haven't attempted to duplicate it, but I don't think the installation would cause this issue.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I believe I've fixed this issue as I've written a good chunk of the factory retooling/resizing and wear code for 1.13... If it occurs again please let me know.

Marking as testing.