Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WONT]Confirmation/Reminder Uninstall - Delete user files
For the new patch that came out, i uninstalled the old gearcity version and then installed 1.11, planning to patch 1.12 on top of it. Just to make sure i had a clean install.

I unfortunately learned the hard way just now that when you uninstall, it gives you no warning that it deletes all of your save files and other data in your user/appdata folder.

So I would like to suggest that it does either remind you its going to delete all your user files, or give a tickbox so you can choose whether to delete them or not.

I think im on fairly solid ground to do this, as most games i play either dont delete your user files at all when you uninstall (most steam games for e.g.) or give you the tickbox i mentioned allowing you to choose. (many other games).

There are a few other confirmation related suggestions floating around, but im confident this one is in a different category and deserving of its own thread.
Marking this thread as won't, As our Open Beta user base has declined. Since distribution system will be handling updates and what have you, this issue is moot.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski